HoH newbie from Sweden

AuroraBorealis

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've known for a few years that I have some degree of hearing loss, but wasn't formally diagnosed until a couple of years ago (when I also got my first hearing aids). Consequently, I know very few people with hearing loss - at least in my age group, I'm in my mid-30s - and I'm looking forward to be able meet other HoH/deaf/Deaf people through this forum. My hearing loss is progressive, currently mild to profound ("ski slope"). I'm a university professor and my hearing loss really makes my job a struggle sometimes (yet another reason for joining this forum).

Hi there,
How's the weather there? Here, it's hot and sunny. I guess you have to wait for another 3 months for the sun to be out bright in Sweden! :-P
Anyways, Welcome to AD. Have fun and do look around and who knows you might find useful information that may help you.
Cheers

Hi all,

I've known for a few years that I have some degree of hearing loss, but wasn't formally diagnosed until a couple of years ago (when I also got my first hearing aids). Consequently, I know very few people with hearing loss - at least in my age group, I'm in my mid-30s - and I'm looking forward to be able meet other HoH/deaf/Deaf people through this forum. My hearing loss is progressive, currently mild to profound ("ski slope"). I'm a university professor and my hearing loss really makes my job a struggle sometimes (yet another reason for joining this forum).

Hi Aurora,

Hows things with you?

My name is Darren and I have got hearing loss too and looking to be getting hearing aids soon. I am 35 years old and single and looking to meet new friends on here.

Hope we can chat and get to know each other better.

Chat soon hopefully.

Hello, and welcome from the Pacific Northwest. :)

Hi all,

Hello, and welcome from the Pacific Northwest. :)

Awsome, big hello, the vikings were badass..we need more vikings around here to share mead from the goblet heads of dead enemies as we sign our signs on the way to valhallah.....
Cough....
Anyway...
Welcome..
Love the sweeds

Back