HOH men...how to approach girls to talk to or ask out on a date?

Hello.
Who man from Germany,USA, France and Untied Kingdom..
Who interest to my friend from Philippines.. She still single for 4 year I hope to you as soon as possible..

You've heard the song... 'Looking for love in all the wrong places". noisy places ain't where it's at. Specially for us hoh. ain't good place to meet a serious person anyway. beatin your head against the wall.

Hi all, hope everyone's doing well! Just wondering if anyone here have any advice on how to approach girls and just have a conversation with them (which could lead to getting her number or maybe even something more haha). I'm HOH and still have quite a bit of hearing left, so I can hear relatively well in quiet situations. I don't sign, and I have good speech. The only thing that's troublesome for me are group situations and background noise (both of which are present at bars/clubs/parties etc)

I have an FM system (the Phonak SmartLink+) that would really help in noisy situations, but it seems like in my head it would be awkward to just ask the girl to use it right away. And if the girl's not interested, that would make things even more awkward (i.e. "Um yeah, nice meeting ya!" *hands back mic and runs away* :lol:).

Anyone here have similar experiences and wouldn't mind sharing how they dealt with it? Maybe I should try to come up with a smooth way of letting the girl know about my hearing loss? Any comments would be much appreciated! :)

Back