HOH/Deaf Associations in Illinois

hugoboss84

Reaction score
I am from Canada, but would be moving to Illinois soon this fall. I wanted to ask if anyone in here could advise me of any good HOH/Deaf organizations in Illinois (Chicago area) that assist in ASL, hearing aid services and social events. Something on the lines of the Canadian Hearing Society in Canada. Thanks!

Hear Again ... Thanks for all the links you provided above. I save some of those in my favorite for future references.

hugoboss84 ... Also here is for social deaf club ...

Front Lobby

here is for Assistive Devices ...

HITEC Assistive Communication Products

I've been both of those places about five months ago.

Found some links in my favorite files and I've not been visiting there much but perhaps those would be helpful to you.

Disabilities

Deaf Illinois News

http://www.chicagohearingsociety.org/chssub/deaf line/socialevents.htm

Disabilities

Last edited:
I am from Canada, but would be moving to Illinois soon this fall. I wanted to ask if anyone in here could advise me of any good HOH/Deaf organizations in Illinois (Chicago area) that assist in ASL, hearing aid services and social events. Something on the lines of the Canadian Hearing Society in Canada. Thanks!

Ack... what's wrong with Canada?? lol... moving for school I hope smile... good luck in Illinois..

I would say that Sunshine! covered most all of the really great resources. I would only add the Anixter Center. anixter.org. They are a really great resource and VERY helpful. When my hubby was laid off from work they were a HUGE help. Good luck in the Windy City. I really only miss my parent and my Cubbies!!! LOL

If you need anything or assistance let me know, I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago.

Best to contact ORS they helps you with your future planning. They're like VR in some states called it VR. Their job is to help with school plans, job searching, sometimes provide help get an hearing aids or something else it's depends on their needs. Depends where you are plan to move which town, and if you need help try PRIVATE message me and I'll try my best give you all the informations from ORS.

thanks everyone! the information was very useful and helpful! i am just new in there, and so I wanted to be connected to some associations out there in Chicago.

Ack... what's wrong with Canada?? lol... moving for school I hope smile... good luck in Illinois..

ntn wrong with Canada - I had an awesome time with CHS, though there are no other social associations, etc. in my city. Moving to Chicago as I just landed a job there. how about u ? where in CA are u?

Back