Hoax Photography

sweetgal154

Reaction score
Do you guys find it offensive when you find out the pictures on newspaper, magazines, internet, and etc, turns out to be a hoax? Do you guys just ignore it and prefer to read the facts, rather looking at pictures?

There was an example of a hoax photography spread around the internet via email, titled Tourist Guy, the pic shown of a guy who's a tourist, standing on top of World Trade Center, and the airplane heading to hit the building. It turned out to be a hoax because, one-the guy wore heavy clothes on September (a little too warm) two, the plane had a different number, and three, it was heading in the wrong direction. They just put the image of an airplane in the picture as a "joke" but I personally think 9/11 is NOT something to joke about. There are a lot of other examples of hoax photography such as someone's head in other's body, or altering someone's else face to make the image look better.

What are your opinions? Should they alter it or just leave it alone?

Newspapers? Nah.

E-mails? It happens.

I rather believe it if I see it from a reliable source such as CNN, Yahoo, MSNBC, etc.

I knew that picture was fake because nothing survived the WTC collapse.

I believe people are entitled to alter photography, even if it is considered offensive to people.

Freedom of Speech is not to be trampled on as long there are no intentions to cause physical or emotional harm.

The 9/11 hoax, I don't believe it was intended to cause emotional harm. The person obviously only wanted to alter the picture to look like he was in a historical event.

I know 9/11 is a bunch of very painful memories that nobody want to keep in their minds. But again, Freedom of Speech is not to be trampled on.

If we don't like it, the best solution is to ignore it. That's why the words, "Ignore" and "boycott" are in the dictionary. :)

VamPyroX said:
Newspapers? Nah.

E-mails? It happens.

I rather believe it if I see it from a reliable source such as CNN, Yahoo, MSNBC, etc.

I knew that picture was fake because nothing survived the WTC collapse.

You know the famous picture of the firemen at the WTC ruins? Staged.
There are plenty of other examples of 'staged' news photography that is distributed by major newspapers.

Back