Hiya!

TodA01

Reaction score
Hello there,

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm currently an education student enrolled at SUNY Fredonia, and I absolutely love my major (Social Studies). I simply can not wait to become a teacher, it just seems like such a rewarding job, and its just an amazing field to be in!

A few years ago, I had taken A.S.L. courses, just to get out of my community college, and I fell in love with the language. Going to plays, schools, and interacting with the deaf community was just a joy and even though I wasn't very good at sign, I really felt a lot of warmth.

One of my dreams is to eventually become a teacher, however I have three forces pulling at me. The first one, is my dream of going to another country and teaching overseas. The second, is to teach children at a deaf school, or even teaching at Gallaudet. The third, which ties into the second is to become a doctor, and teach at the university level. :hmm:

What I've taken away from my expierences with ASL (Even though I'm starting to forget signs) is that, even as a hearing person I've learned a lot of empathy can be put into my language. I should care about my facial expressions, I should be aware of my body language.

I hope its OK that a hearing person is on the site, but I'm just absolutely in love with the culture, and hope to turn to the community when I run into questions that no one offline seems to know!

Thank you!!

cooltext96254491.gif

Welcome to alldeaf. You will learn a lot here, that is for sure. Just jump in and enjoy.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

dont worry theres lots of hearies here ( im one of them) enjoy your way around!

:wave: Hearie over here too lol. I can totaly understand what you mean about the culture because I fell in love with the culture. :welcome: to AD

Back