Hiya!

Pretty please tell us what experiences you have encounted a idiot, emotional, angry, humorous people on the other lines that including deafies tty users and hearing users as well ;)

Though I am bound by my job and the FCC to not leak any information on calls, I can say that on a multitude of times I have been really frustrated with how the call goes.
For a (safe) example, a lot of times people don't realize that they're speaking to a recording. Like, in the instance of T-Mobile, a recording will ask you "So, briefly tell me the reason for your call?" and it will go (recording) ga
The recording can only recognize certain key-words, such as "billing, minutes, tech support, etc" and the caller will sometimes type out their life story like "yes hi i was at the store today and my friend touched my sidekick and the sidekick started vibrating and i wanted to know what happened so i turned it off and went to the car and..." and you can see where this goes.

It's both frustrating for the relay user (caller) and us the relay operators. Once we start voicing that to the recording, it pretty much will say something like "I'm sorry i didn't understand you... "

At any rate, I could offer tips and advice for recordings and other help with relay.. all you gotta do is ask! :cool:

Back