HIV on rise

Went to the cornor store today,,,,glanced over at the newspaper rack while waiting in line....Bold, big headlines...."Get Yourself Tested"!...Aids on the rise in Duval County...(Jacksonville, Florida).....

So, it's serious....when I got home, I had a talk with my 18 year old. He does have a steady girl....but I told him, "son, again, this is serious!...if ever you decide to get something "strange"...(meaning sex with another girl)...use the condom".....that Aids, again was on the rise in Jacksonville and everywhere else....

What more can a parent do with a sexually active child?

Went to the cornor store today,,,,glanced over at the newspaper rack while waiting in line....Bold, big headlines...."Get Yourself Tested"!...Aids on the rise in Duval County...(Jacksonville, Florida).....

So, it's serious....when I got home, I had a talk with my 18 year old. He does have a steady girl....but I told him, "son, again, this is serious!...if ever you decide to get something "strange"...(meaning sex with another girl)...use the condom".....that Aids, again was on the rise in Jacksonville and everywhere else....

How sweet!! You are the best parent your son ever have. I'd say same thing to my kids (if I have kids) to wear condoms due to rise of STDs/HIV.

Smart move!:thumb:

I thought they teach that sort of thing in 5th/6th grade and in middle school. I don't really remember them teaching it every year.

I had sex education in my 7th and 8th grade in middle school. I was happy to know that.

He should wear it anyway. Most unplanned pregnancy occur mostly in long term relationship. He should wear it until he is ready to be a father. His girlfriend might find this offensive (or unfaithful) after not wearing it for awhile, though. Which is why guys should never let their guard down and stop wearing condom just because their girlfriend is on birth control. It make girls have all these thoughts about their relationship when they suddenly start wearing condoms again. If they keep wearing it no matter what, then girls know it is not them or unfaithfulness.

... We cannot accept the tyranny of the majority."

This looks like Majority is becoming more "tyranny." US Constitution, Federalist Letters, Article 10 and Article 51 already explained how to protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

Sad... Looks like Tyranny of the Majority is already here before we know.

I was commenting on the UN statement.....In the same statement he says it is caused by discrimination, and that they increase is worse in the US where laws are more tolerant.....Those two don't exactly go together.

Most of the new AIDS infections are among young people. No one has taught the young people about safer sex. It's a lack of sex education that's causing AIDS infection rates to increase in all demographics. The gay community, prostitutes, IV drug users and the black community are suffering the worse. The government has not intervened to help these people like it should.

Lighthouse, I'm sorry for your loss. It's tragic to lose a dear friend too soon.

Yes, that is true. And the incidence in the heterosexual population is rising as well.

Well although I am libral I do understand the frustration that some conservatives have with the gay guys. It's like "HELLO! Use your brain and don't have sex with every single man that comes down the pike. Settle down and meet a cute boy. Having sex with someone you REALLY care about is so much more satisfying then a bunch of random one night stands. " Don't you find it ironic that the same people who rave about how "freeing" no strings attached sex is, are the same people who bitch and moan that they have no real connection to anyone?
And you know, it says that the greatest increase is young gay males. If you looked I bet a lot of those young gay males are the kind that are giant party animals and do meth and have annoymous sex.

Meth is a nightmare. Anyone on meth probably wouldn't use protection. The really scary part about meth is that it's almost impossible to get someone off once they are addicted. The cases that I know about personally are young women. Parents getting calls from young women who are hallucinating. Very sad. I understand that meth is real problem in rural areas. I guess that other drugs are easier to get in urban areas.

I understand that meth is real problem in rural areas. I guess that other drugs are easier to get in urban areas.
Well sadly enough it's a giant problem on the gay party circut (think Studio 54 type of sex) BUT, the thing is, that while there are a significent number of hedonistic party boys who are into the "bathhouse" type of sex, there are just as many (and maybe even more) straight guys who go to prosistutes or whatever.....

Well sadly enough it's a giant problem on the gay party circut (think Studio 54 type of sex) BUT, the thing is, that while there are a significent number of hedonistic party boys who are into the "bathhouse" type of sex, there are just as many (and maybe even more) straight guys who go to prosistutes or whatever.....

Well, I may have to disagree with you. Bath houses are dying in those gay communities. Bath houses are not popular now... not for the party circuit guys. Only trolls! So, it cannot be a giant problem as of today.

Can you please provide the details regarding significent numbers of "hedonistic party boys?" Studio 54 sex was outdated, already. I have gay friends who dance madly and I asked them about this. They said, "It was so gay! Where have they been? This is 2010!"

Yeah, Straight guys are on the rise... they hook up a lot through websites, to the brothel houses, rent prostitutes, organize a private sex orgies, swingers are on rise, too. They invite other couples into bed. Many ways that straight guys desperate for cheap hookups. Unsurprisingly, straight guys signed on gay sex websites for glory holes and cheap blow jobs (believe me!!)

This is extremely unfair to target gay guys as if they are the whole to be blamed.

Meth is a nightmare..... I understand that meth is real problem in rural areas.

Yes, how true! I live in Amarillo -- and few towns outside Amarillo, about a hour drive. Those towns were so famous for making meths. Nobody had NO IDEA that they made meth in the towns because of high winds all times... No way they could able to smell any unusual odors.

Amarillo Police keep busting those people selling meth because there are so many undercovers buying drugs. Heavy targets in Amarillo.

Yes, how true! I live in Amarillo -- and few towns outside Amarillo, about a hour drive. Those towns were so famous for making meths. Nobody had NO IDEA that they made meth in the towns because of high winds all times... No way they could able to smell any unusual odors.

Amarillo Police keep busting those people selling meth because there are so many undercovers buying drugs. Heavy targets in Amarillo.

Yeah, I remember in summer 2007, a neighbor behind my parents' house had a meth lab - he got busted by the police.

Ugh I still remember the guys in white protective suits cleaning that meth lab.

Well, I may have to disagree with you. Bath houses are dying in those gay communities. Bath houses are not popular now... not for the party circuit guys. Only trolls! So, it cannot be a giant problem as of today.

Can you please provide the details regarding significent numbers of "hedonistic party boys?"

This is extremely unfair to target gay guys as if they are the whole to be blamed.
Endy no you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Bath houses are dying yes.....but there are still guys who are into annoynmous sex like cruising etc. It's prolly a small spike in THAT population which seems bigger b/c the gay male population is relatively small.

Endy no you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Bath houses are dying yes.....but there are still guys who are into annoynmous sex like cruising etc. It's prolly a small spike in THAT population which seems bigger b/c the gay male population is relatively small.

Glad that you cleared this matter. Thanks!! *wink*

Oh, and Endy, do you really think that bathhouses and the crusing scene might be dying? Do you think your gay friends are now more into relationships with a cute guy rather then random sex? Maybe as gay relationships become more accepted gay guys will feel like they can settle down in public with their best friend, rather then hiding it and havign sex on the sly (seems like a lot of the cruisers are" straight" guys who are in denial they are gay)

Oh, and Endy, do you really think that bathhouses and the crusing scene might be dying? Do you think your gay friends are now more into relationships with a cute guy rather then random sex? Maybe as gay relationships become more accepted gay guys will feel like they can settle down in public with their best friend, rather then hiding it and havign sex on the sly (seems like a lot of the cruisers are" straight" guys who are in denial they are gay)

I said that bathhouses are dying... and I did not say that cruising scene is dying. Cruising scene is still at "hard core." I believe you on this one.

Depends on where you are. My hometown is not friendly or open accepting gay guys holding hands in the public -- however I see the pattern that gay guys are more into relationships in my hometown. So, I think my gay friends are now more into relationships. Everything has started seriously after couple of states allow gay marriages, their hopes are going higher. I have been invited to their dinner parties and nice cocktails - everybody I saw were all couples already. I feel like I am at a wedding already.

I cannot speak on someone's behalf or anyone -- I know few "straights" who are in denial would BE MORE LIKELY on the sly as you said. Straights probably try to make up what they lacked from relationships ( I DON'T KNOW and I wish I'd know the answers why the straights are on rise having sex on the sly.

So, you see why I don't date any "straight" coming out of closest. I'd date one who is serious enough about the relationship/settling down subjects. I am proud that I haven't had a sex for 3 years and I am pretty old-fashioned guy who wants friendships at first before moving up a new level. I want some decent FUN more than sex in 15 minutes and they leave, never seen him again, you know what I say? I want more than 15 minutes -- I am sure there are so much to do to have fun 23 hours 45 mins.

I don't know ONE who is interested into friendships MORE than just a sex. Probably sex on my level 3 on fourth dates. Not on my level 1 on first date. LOL.

Now, you are doing alright with this discussion -- I am correcting some information because there are comments talking us down badly and making us looking badly -- We don't deserve that. Be careful who is targeting.

Boy Endy, if I was a guy I'd date you. ;) (and I think I'm the type of gay person who would have been gay if they were a boy or a girl)
That is kinda sad that the cruising scene is still big. But still I think as GLB relationships become more accepted, the causal sex will die down. Heck on another messageboard there's a dude who was rather sexual and he was all " Oh I'm so sad that this generation isn't about the sexual revolution which was SO empowering" :roll:

Back