Hiring Question

ClearSky

Reaction score
How did most of you get hired? Did you get hired on the same day of application filled? Or did you get hired later when they called you or went back to manager?

I actually got hired through direct networking
on the same day they asked me
to start the first work day about 2 weeks
after that interview day.
I do recall about having them looking
at my resume, but I do NOT recall
whether I already filled in their application
or not....

It depended on the job.

When I applied for Krogers (grocery store), I was interviewed and hired within 15 minutes of filling out an application and turning it in.

When I applied for Blockbuster Video, I was interviewed and hired a couple weeks after I turned in my application.

Thanks.

Vampyrox, Did you go back go Blockbuster Video several weeks later or did you get a call weeks later?

I have applied to a few jobs, but 2 of them were not available to speak with. Two of them I had to fill out on the computer as they require now. The computer isn't that great because it's easy for them not to see you right away as with an application sometimes. Kroger now requires computer, and I was called, but I was not able to reach her for like 2 weeks and now she doens't work there. They are not hiring now with the new person. I hate their psychological questions. What a pain that you have to lie on them. I have seen people who are not friendly and so nice at Kroger, so I wish these questions were illegal. People have to lie anyway, so who are they kidding, really?

I am getting frustrated because it's not really easy, and my mom bugs me about not finding a job.

I went to an gov employment agency and they are not really great. You can view jobs online through your home instead of going to their all right resource room.

Blah...I am whining.

I never got hired the same day I applied for a job. Most of them average 1 week after I apply the job, except...one job I never applied but got hired over the phone.

Around one week after I applied at Senior Center, Township Hall, Farmer Jack and Hollywood Video did hired me when I got the interview with them.

Dihel's, I applied at there but they already hired me without having the interview.

Best Western, I didn't applied or having the interview with them and they just hired me out of blue but, my older sister talked to them about hiring me so that's why.

But my first time that the job turned me down at Fry's right after I applied and had the interview with them, I supposed to hear from them yesterday on the text message but I never get it. :dunno:

I automatically got hired to Shopko when I was 16 but that was because I was in a "work study" program (I still got paid though).

Best Western - I got hired automatically because of course they are always depersate for housekeepers and laundry attendants. (I now call that hotel "Worst Western" haha). They pay shit though.

All the other jobs I've had, I had a very hard time getting hired.

Now I'm going back to college so I can get a good job where I won't be constantly getting laid off. I need more security than that. And I need something that is not physical. I'm not what I used to be when I was 16.

Sweetheart said:
Around one week after I applied at Senior Center, Township Hall, Farmer Jack and Hollywood Video did hired me when I got the interview with them.

Dihel's, I applied at there but they already hired me without having the interview.

Best Western, I didn't applied or having the interview with them and they just hired me out of blue but, my older sister talked to them about hiring me so that's why.

But my first time that the job turned me down at Fry's right after I applied and had the interview with them, I supposed to hear from them yesterday on the text message but I never get it. :dunno:

For the jobs that hired you after a week of an interview, did you have go back and talk to them to request an interview or did they call you for an interview?

Back