Hillary for President! Vote?

Reba, accord your post #207, 208 and 209.

I found some positive comments from some Canadians to against your negative links.

What Countries Have Universal Health Care? - Gadling

You know that the websites often made negatives and positives to against each other. We prefer to listen Canadians's posts here to compare our link either it's true or not because it's their own experiences.
You didn't believe that Canadians came to the USA for medical care, and I simply showed you that they do. Like it or lump it, it doesn't bother me.

My some Canadian online friends positive me about health care issues.

This link I provide to positive the rumors.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Canadian Health Care
Rumors? Research by the Fraser Institute is hardly "rumors". This is the group that provided the 90-page report:

Founded in 1974, we [ the Fraser Institute ] are an independent research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto, and international partners in over 70 countries. Our work is financed
by tax-deductible contributions from thousands of individuals, organizations,
and foundations. In order to protect its independence, the Institute does not accept grants from government or contracts for research.

To learn more about the Institute, please visit our web site at
The Fraser Institute.

The work of The Fraser Institute is assisted by an Editorial Advisory
Board that includes:

Prof. Armen Alchian
Prof. Terry Anderson
Prof. Robert Barro
Prof. Michael Bliss
Prof. James M. Buchanan
Prof. Jean‑Pierre Centi
Prof. Bev Dahlby
Prof. Erwin Diewert
Prof. Stephen Easton
Prof. J.C. Herbert Emery
Prof. J.L. Granatstein
Prof. Herbert G. Grubel
Prof. James Gwartney
Prof. Ronald W. Jones
Dr. Jerry Jordan
Prof. Ross McKitrick
Prof. Michael Parkin
Prof. Friedrich Schneider
Prof. L.B. Smith
Sir Alan Walters

The Fraser Institute, Fourth Floor, 1770 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6J 3G7

Accord one of your links.
"So when that happens, you can't have a waiting list for a mother having the baby. She just has the baby." sound pretty illogical to me. It's media's word, not comment's word.
What's illogical? That mom's can't wait for the baby to be born? The illogical point is putting expectant moms on waiting lists. Of course they can't wait, so they go to the USA to give birth to their babies.

If it is mandatory, then it's not really insurance; it's a tax. That's the same scam that happens to American tax payers. The payroll deductions say they are for Social Security and Medicare insurance but it is really a tax because it is mandatory.

Choice is good. :)

You're welcome. That's just a general description but basically that's how they are divided.

Right. If I want medical insurance I have to find it and pay for it myself.

When I become old enough I will also be eligible for Medicare.

If your husband is retired veteran then you supposed to be quality for military service like see doctor and get meds at no cost, it's called as military benefit for senior.

Interesting, we have many Heilpraktiker (I don't know what translate into English but I would like to call them as "herbal doctor" or "natural doctor") - I found translation between German and English dictonary but I am not sure either it's correct translation.

Very Interesting. Here they are called Naturopathic Doctors. They
study same subject areas and time as MD's but they have additional
training in nutrition,herbs and other natural and alternative therapies.
This type of doctor saved one of my childrens life while the MD nearly
killed her with his medicines. A long and sad story. But I would rather
take my children to a veterinarian now than an MD here unless they
know about and use alternative therapies. Now I must say something
positive about our system. It has excellent emergency care in
most places.

Originally Posted by Maria
I thought it ( John Q ) was based on a true story as it says on the back of its box with details what the movie was all about. :-\

Really? I will have a look at back of box when I am home from work and let you know.

I check DVD. It written:

The characters & incidents portrayed & the names herein are fictiitious & any similarity to the name, character or history of any person is entirely coincidental & unintentional.

It didn´t say anything in DVD that it´s true story but it is a wake up calling for the people how much health insurance important for everyone.

Would you like to support federal government to spend your taxes on war issues to neglect their people and country? Do you worry that government spend your taxes to help people's healthcare, not war issues? I rather to see government take care of their people and their health. I rather to see my taxes goes to help people who need our help.
Well being a former warrior woman, (disabled vietnam veteran and helicopter mechanic),
I would have to say that I place priority on defense over healthcare. War is
murder, like abortion and justifiable homicide when necessary. And while I support this war we are in now, unfortunately there have been some top
leadership errors made. I will not mention who until we are out of this
particular conflict as I do not wish to undermine the effort.

Your system of providing health care in your area sounds interesting and
well run. But I do not trust our government as far as I could throw it.
It has a history of mismanagement. I do not trust Hillary in particular.
I think that people need to rely on the government as little as possible.
Our government currently takes enough money in taxes to provide quality
universal health care if it wanted to. Unfortunately what will happen if
universal care is passed than it will go the same way as our educational system here. Our educational system sucks! We spend more per student
per year than most industrialized countries and rank very near to last.
Our students come out of high school illiterate. (I myself had to play
catch up in college, meaning I had to take remedial math courses
before I could take the hard ones) Oregon spends more than almost any
other state and we rank nearly last! This is why I home school. My
children all score in the 90th percentiles in all subject areas. And I
am not a trained teacher. Even a majority of our young teachers here
can't even pass the college entrance tests we are asking our children
to take! This is what will happen to Universal Health care if it is passed
in our country.

LOL, you sure got mistook what I saying. I'm saying it's govt who give you on a long list until they call your name to get ready to see doctor.

I know what you are talking about. I repeat in my previous postS that I NEVER have any experience to have a long waiting list for surgery or whatever and then made an other subject to share my experience of visit to hospitail in USA over a long waiting HOURS, not LISTING. This is a difference. You also misquoted my post in first place, too.

LOL, you still mistook what I saying that you get on basic salary before tax. You thought I talk about benefit while I am try to saying you save some money than lose money.

Yes I know what you are talking about gross wage before insurances and taxes but it really doesn´t bother me because I prefer to pay off to insurances to protect myself and my family because I want the safety than sorry... Without insurance, I would face a huge bill from for expensive surgeries, etc. No thank... :cool:

you pay 50-50 while I pay like 20% while my private insurance from work paid mostly on medical. Maybe I'm lucky to have good job with good benefit.

Perhaps for you but what about Americans? Every employees/workers pay 50% and their Employers paid other 50% accord German law. Anyway, I really don´t have any complaint that I pay 50% because my healthy insursance cover everything what my family & I need with NO complication... and also 3 to 6 weeks spa resort...

If I get private insurance, then yes, I pay for that myself.

Under Hillary's plan, my taxes will increase because I will have to pay more money to support other people. So Hillary's plan will make me poorer.

As what you said that you work to pay tax for medicare and medicard to help poor people and then plus get insurance for yourself is an expensive than Hillary´s plan.

The doctors and hospitals make arrangements for monthly payments that the family can afford.

Yes, I know... but what if they CANNOT afford for monthly payments when the bill is a huge?

My mom had Medicare and Blue Cross insurance but still she had expensive out of pocket medical expenses. The hospitals and doctors let her pay $5 per week sometimes, and they were satisfied.

$5 per week for $300 to $500 is a logical but $10,000? $5 per week for $10,000 bill?

Did you know that insurance actually increases the cost of medical care? If a patient pays cash for medical services, the cost is less. Example: Recently I broke a tooth. I need a crown for that tooth. The dentist receptionist told me it would cost $970. I told her that I don't have insurance, and that I will pay cash. She said, "Oh, that will be $873."

Same with auto insurance. My friend needed a new windshield. The repairman told her it would cost $225. She told him she didn't have insurance. He told her, "Oh, then it will cost $175."

Insurance increases costs.

Also, if a patient (such as my mom) doesn't pay the first bill received but resubmits it, often the new bill will be reduced. My mom always did that. She never paid the first notice bill. She would resubmit it to the hospital and doctors, and then they would recalculate and send her a lower bill. That shows that the hospitals and doctors always overcharge. They assume that people will not check the details and just accept whatever bill is sent.

But it shows their dishonest what they tried to charge you more when they thought you have an insurance.

I know what you are talking about. I repeat in my previous postS that I NEVER have any experience to have a long waiting list for surgery or whatever and then made an other subject to share my experience of visit to hospitail in USA over a long waiting HOURS, not LISTING. This is a difference. You also misquoted my post in first place, too.

long listing is longer than wait for hours.

Yes I know what you are talking about gross wage before insurances and taxes but it really doesn´t bother me because I prefer to pay off to insurances to protect myself and my family because I want the safety than sorry... Without insurance, I would face a huge bill from for expensive surgeries, etc. No thank... :cool:

Perhaps for you but what about Americans? Every employees/workers pay 50% and their Employers paid other 50% accord German law. Anyway, I really don´t have any complaint that I pay 50% because my healthy insursance cover everything what my family & I need with NO complication... and also 3 to 6 weeks spa resort...

15.6% american do not have health insurance.

Most health insurance come from full-time work which are always far better than 50-50.

If it is mandatory, then it's not really insurance; it's a tax. That's the same scam that happens to American tax payers. The payroll deductions say they are for Social Security and Medicare insurance but it is really a tax because it is mandatory.

I know what you are saying but I would say it´s obligation to pay social insurances like what I told you in my previous post. I know it´s not tax when I see the name of my health insurance in my wage slip because I gave their name and account number to my Employer to remove % from my wage to direct to their accounts. They named which companies/offices they transfer % from my wage slip to. That´s what I tried to explain you in my previous post.

Here
Yes, we have. I can decide which health insurance, I want to. All what I do is look for pros and cons offers from different health insurance companies before agree to join one of them and then gave the name of my health insurance and their bank account number to my Employer. I can see the name of my health insurance on my wage slip. The employees/workers can change health insurance if they like to but they need to inform Employer with new health insurance and bank account number. I have been changed health insurance twice.

Right. If I want medical insurance I have to find it and pay for it myself.

Hillary plan is cheaper than you work to pay tax and then plus insurance for yourself.

When I become old enough I will also be eligible for Medicare.

But you work to pay tax for medicare for many years before you are able to get medicare. I think Hillary´s plan is better.

The whole story is fiction. It never happened to anyone that way. I read the reviews, and none of them said it was a true story. They all said it was fiction, and that the plot wasn't even logical.

This link, I provided about "Young to Die" is a true story. It written in DVD and also movie as well...

Check my response post to Maria what I copied from John Q´s movie.

How can you say stop worrying about money, and then at the same time complain that people can't afford medical care? That's contradictory.

Well, some people reject Hillary´s plan because they don´t want to pay more tax to take care of people´s health and welfare.

Do I complaint when unemployees or elders use my money from insurance to have free medicare? No, I understand that they need medical helps to keep their health or save their risk life. I would complaint if government spend my tax on war issues because I expect the taxes, I paid to take care of people and country.

Just like your link says; the movie is a fictional story that never happened. :)

If taxpayers don't pay for prisoner medical care, then who does?

Accord my link...
First of all, with 2,200 heart transplants performed in the U.S. each year, the procedure is no longer considered experimental; most policies today cover it. More important, those patients whose policies place restrictions on their transplant coverage and those who have no insurance at all are not simply turned away. (Even prisoners are entitled; in January a 31-year-old felon serving time in a California prison received a heart transplant that it is estimated could cost that state's taxpayers some $400,000, if not more.) doesn´t sound fictional story to me... :dunno2:

You didn't believe that Canadians came to the USA for medical care, and I simply showed you that they do. Like it or lump it, it doesn't bother me.

I do not trust medias sometimes. You know that the media often make up stories. I rather to have both sides is listen comments about their experiences in Canada.

What's illogical? That mom's can't wait for the baby to be born? The illogical point is putting expectant moms on waiting lists. Of course they can't wait, so they go to the USA to give birth to their babies.

Because unborn babies or mother will die if they keep unborn baby inside mother because of waiting list. UK do have waiting list for surgeries but with baby deliver is out of question. Baby deliver is TOP and EMERGENCY of waiting list.

Anyway, I am thrilling to see my Canadian friend who expect her baby next week because it´s REAL... I beleive when I get the new from only HER. :)

If your husband is retired veteran then you supposed to be quality for military service like see doctor and get meds at no cost, it's called as military benefit for senior.
Hubby and I are both retired veterans. We use the VA hospital for our services. The services are not free. They are cheaper but they are not totally free. Our prescription meds are free from the military pharmacy.

It does not cover eye glasses, dental care, or non-prescription meds.

Well being a former warrior woman, (disabled vietnam veteran and helicopter mechanic),
I would have to say that I place priority on defense over healthcare.
Exactly. If we aren't safe in our country, then all the medical insurance in the world will be worthless to us.

As what you said that you work to pay tax for medicare and medicard to help poor people and then plus get insurance for yourself is an expensive than Hillary´s plan.
No, Hillary's plan would increase the expense for me, and reduce my choices.

I do not trust medias sometimes. You know that the media often make up stories. I rather to have both sides is listen comments about their experiences in Canada.
How can you say that you listen to both sides, when you just stated that you don't trust one side? You contradict yourself.

Basically, you trust the media when it supports your argument, and you don't trust the media when it disputes your argument.

Where do you get the proof that "the media often make up stories?" If you really believe that, which stories do you choose to believe?

Because unborn babies or mother will die if they keep unborn baby inside mother because of waiting list. UK do have waiting list for surgeries but with baby deliver is out of question. Baby deliver is TOP and EMERGENCY of waiting list.
That's why the moms come to the USA to deliver. They can't wait.

Back