Highest temperature you've experienced in?

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm curious about your experience with the highest temp you've experienced in your lifetime?

I remember when I was in Calistoga, CA...we went swimming with my parents in a huge swimming pool run by the mineral waters from the geysers....outside in the sun the temperature was at a scorching 108 degrees, that was really hot one. At least it's not humid heat, it's very dry heat and it doesn't really feel like 108, it feels like probably in lower 100's or so. That's how it is in the West US.

Share your experience!

Two years ago it was 112 degrees here in Oklahoma for a day or two. It was sooooo burning hot! I went outside only to go to the store and then back home with AC turned on full blast! I remember when I went outside, the heat was soo hot on my skin as if I was in the oven.

I remember back in my days, there was about 110 temp with about 115 heat wave. It was awful. Alot of people ended up in the hospital with heat strokes

today and yesterday was soo hot.. for May actually. the temp was 97 yesterday I believe we're going to have a really really hot summer!

Highest temperature i been to is in Sydney, Australia for vacation is 33 C degrees (91.4 F degrees) It was too darn hot for me, so all day i drink a lot of coca cola, water, ice cream etc, while touring, around in sydney shops etc... too hot for me.

I can only remember the first day I arrived in Phoenix, Arizona in June 1993 when it was 106F degrees. My car didn't have a/c and didn't burn up.

Incidentally, the coldest temp I can remember was in the mid minus 20s when I was a kid, here in Minnesota. That is not including the wind chill factor or the depth of snow. Dang, I truly do miss temps that low (seriously).

i remmy goin on the road trip to california to visit my family and we stopped in a small town name Needles right on california border and it was VERY hot there. i dont know the temps but i did passed out walking to the gas station. i couldnt believe that? wow!

here in arkansas we have heat wave many times but with heat index, it make it worse ugh .. i remmy one year it was 115 but with heat index it was 120. it was real hot that my moms dog got heat stroke. :(

The hottest I'd say was probably 101 degrees. It gets pretty hot here in Toronto, mostly in the suburbs but along the waterfront it's cool and brezzy but I didn't get down there last year.

Over the last two days it's been 34 degrees here, it'll cool down on Thursday I hope anyway. The norm usually is like 78 Farenheit at this time.

I may have the degree's backwards, but it's past midnight and I can't check the meter reader outside, it'll likely be a tadbit dark.

i was in houston, tx with my best friend at softball tournment games , oh my! it was over 100 temp.. gee!

SmileyGin said:
i remmy goin on the road trip to california to visit my family and we stopped in a small town name Needles right on california border and it was VERY hot there. i dont know the temps but i did passed out walking to the gas station. i couldnt believe that? wow! (
I believe it. My family stopped at Needles, too! We were driving to Lancaster, CA, in the Mojave Desert.

My brother and I were riding a bus from San Diego to CT. We drove thru the Arizona desert. The bus driver said it was 120 degrees outside. That was actual temperature, not heat index. The desert is very dry, low humidity, so there wasn't really any heat index.

Summers here in SC often have temperatures in the high 90 degrees (in the shade), and humidity at 90-100 percent. That makes the heat index way over 120. If you are in the direct sun, add 15 degrees to that number.

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/heatindex.html

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/elp/wxcalc/heatindex.html

Peachy Lady said:
Two years ago it was 112 degrees here in Oklahoma for a day or two. It was sooooo burning hot! I went outside only to go to the store and then back home with AC turned on full blast! I remember when I went outside, the heat was soo hot on my skin as if I was in the oven.

Wow, that's pretty hot for Oklahoma! At least you didn't become a chicken in the middle of that state! :rofl:

RebelGirl said:
I remember back in my days, there was about 110 temp with about 115 heat wave. It was awful. Alot of people ended up in the hospital with heat strokes

today and yesterday was soo hot.. for May actually. the temp was 97 yesterday I believe we're going to have a really really hot summer!

That must be pretty hot for Alabama or is it?

~SG~ said:
Highest temperature i been to is in Sydney, Australia for vacation is 33 C degrees (91.4 F degrees) It was too darn hot for me, so all day i drink a lot of coca cola, water, ice cream etc, while touring, around in sydney shops etc... too hot for me.

Only 91 degrees? Wow, that's not very hot...I guess that area has temperate climate. I think in the middle of Australia can get over 100 degrees or so.

pek1 said:
I can only remember the first day I arrived in Phoenix, Arizona in June 1993 when it was 106F degrees. My car didn't have a/c and didn't burn up.

Incidentally, the coldest temp I can remember was in the mid minus 20s when I was a kid, here in Minnesota. That is not including the wind chill factor or the depth of snow. Dang, I truly do miss temps that low (seriously).

I remember watching the news that Phoenix hit the record high of about 120 degrees or so several years ago. I don't remember the exact temperature, tho.

SmileyGin said:
i remmy goin on the road trip to california to visit my family and we stopped in a small town name Needles right on california border and it was VERY hot there. i dont know the temps but i did passed out walking to the gas station. i couldnt believe that? wow!

here in arkansas we have heat wave many times but with heat index, it make it worse ugh .. i remmy one year it was 115 but with heat index it was 120. it was real hot that my moms dog got heat stroke. :(

Wouldn't be surprised with the deep south heat wave. :lol:

Dannie said:
The hottest I'd say was probably 101 degrees. It gets pretty hot here in Toronto, mostly in the suburbs but along the waterfront it's cool and brezzy but I didn't get down there last year.

Over the last two days it's been 34 degrees here, it'll cool down on Thursday I hope anyway. The norm usually is like 78 Farenheit at this time.

I may have the degree's backwards, but it's past midnight and I can't check the meter reader outside, it'll likely be a tadbit dark.

Wow it sure went far up north with that kind of heat!

TweetyBird said:
i was in houston, tx with my best friend at softball tournment games , oh my! it was over 100 temp.. gee!

I'm sure you were sweltering out there a lot in the heat! :lol:

Reba said:
My brother and I were riding a bus from San Diego to CT. We drove thru the Arizona desert. The bus driver said it was 120 degrees outside. That was actual temperature, not heat index. The desert is very dry, low humidity, so there wasn't really any heat index.

Summers here in SC often have temperatures in the high 90 degrees (in the shade), and humidity at 90-100 percent. That makes the heat index way over 120. If you are in the direct sun, add 15 degrees to that number.

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/heatindex.html

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/elp/wxcalc/heatindex.html

Not surprised because the desert southwest get pretty extreme temperatures with almost no humidity. Death Valley in California had record high of 134 degrees in 1910's. Now, that's egg cook'n time in few seconds on the cement!

When back to summer 2004, we went to Death Valley in Inyo County and it was 123*F. We are just on vacation, drive around Inyo County and hiking in Death Valley... It's too hot as hell, sneakers are not safe to walk but boots are alot better. Temperature in Inyo are around 90*F to 120*F depends on area and don't want go here anymore. Death Valley is too scared for me...

TrippLA said:
When back to summer 2004, we went to Death Valley in Inyo County and it was 123*F. We are just on vacation, drive around Inyo County and hiking in Death Valley... It's too hot as hell, sneakers are not safe to walk but boots are alot better. Temperature in Inyo are around 90*F to 120*F depends on area and don't want go here anymore. Death Valley is too scared for me...

No one should be in Death Valley in the middle of the summer...best time is in late fall or early spring. Death Valley averages about 115 or so in the summer months...too hot for people to actually live there. There's very few people living in the middle of the hottest parts of the desert in California/Arizona.

Back