Higher phone fees in Chicago?

I hope he will record it and then upload it for public shaming. oh wait.. he won't be able to do that if he's done with cell phones.

I have to pay a 75 ¢ 911 /disability access fee on my phone bill every month . We pay all kinds of fees on our phones .

Some city and parks prohibit feeding ducks because of nuisance of duck waste on the pavement. If you don't see any sign that prohibits feeding then you could feed them. Some areas have restrictions on feeding wild animals.

Why? My grandma took us to park to fed ducks with breads and we had no problem. :dunno:

That is to be expected... phone fees certainly will go up and we'll end up paying more. If you don't want to pay any fees, then you probably won't have any choice as all carriers will follow the same thing. You'll have to switch carriers for a cheaper rates if you want to save money.

Some of the fees are for a good reason to pay for 911 services and other things.

So what? I'd rather pay that extra dollar to 9/11 knowing my money is being used for something that could help me.

That is to be expected... phone fees certainly will go up and we'll end up paying more. If you don't want to pay any fees, then you probably won't have any choice as all carriers will follow the same thing. You'll have to switch carriers for a cheaper rates if you want to save money.

Some of the fees are for a good reason to pay for 911 services and other things.

Yeah, I know. I'm kinda split on it, though. You see, I already pay a $1 fee for phone network sharing, because my phone's network isn't covered by the area I'm in, but is in another area just down the Metra tracks. Plus, I already mentioned that I needed a hotspot for home visits, and Boost Mobile does offer free hotspot, which is one reason I'm considering switching later on.

Phone service and hotspots altogether costs more money. It will just add up to your bills. I don't use hotspot much only when I go on vacation. I'd rather have a paid, secure hotspot than free hotspot.

Verizon's hotspot is $30 a month with a data limit depending on the plan.

Yeah, I know. I'm kinda split on it, though. You see, I already pay a $1 fee for phone network sharing, because my phone's network isn't covered by the area I'm in, but is in another area just down the Metra tracks. Plus, I already mentioned that I needed a hotspot for home visits, and Boost Mobile does offer free hotspot, which is one reason I'm considering switching later on.

Don't need to be on subscription plan to make 911 calls, any phone made after specific year which I can't recall requires ability to make 911 calls even when the service is disconnected.

Can use smartphone without service, all need is WiFi. Can save $70 dollars if willing spend little more time looking for WiFi spots.

yes I know. old news. He said he would be done with cellphones inside the city if the bill was to pass. I was being comically literal that he would chuck his phone.

Some city and parks prohibit feeding ducks because of nuisance of duck waste on the pavement. If you don't see any sign that prohibits feeding then you could feed them. Some areas have restrictions on feeding wild animals.

My city spend $5,000 to put up signs saying "Not to feed the birds , there are about 6 signs around the pond and they all say there is a $300 fine . The city is trying to clean up the pond so they put frogs in it . It's call a frog pond but I call it a duck pond b/c there are no frogs there. The pond is right in the historic district and the city want the pond looking nice . People can't feed the ducks at the boardwalk anymore b/c the ducks where pooping all over the place . The signs also warn that water my pose a risk to dog and kids but parents still let their small kids play in the water and hunt snapping turtles. I think it's crazy to spend $5,000 on signs and to not enforce the rules , the city was hoping to get some of the money back by having a high fine.

Phone service and hotspots altogether costs more money. It will just add up to your bills. I don't use hotspot much only when I go on vacation. I'd rather have a paid, secure hotspot than free hotspot.

I pay $15 in taxes and fees on my phone bills and I will be paying more in taxes b/c I added an other service to my phone bill. My city wanted to have the phone line underground at city hall but they did not do it , as it would had made our phone bills higher.

My phone's hotspot is also secured, as well, but I pay $10/month for it, because the MiFi I'm using now, ClearSpot, does not work down south. Also, it's unlimited use, which means I can use it anytime and almost anywhere in Illinois, but once I get past Effingham, it stops working until I'm back on the Illini, and my phone's hotspot is covered when I head south, but I'm not sure if Verizon's is, though.That region is not great for MiFi/hotspots.

The more service they provide, the more cost to the customers.

Welcome to the rising costs of living!!!

70 bucks a month is not bad at all to be honest. I have heard of higher bills (like MINE for instance). But if you manage your budget well enough the 70 bucks won't hurt that much.

feeding bread to ducks I recently read is bad for them...

My city spend $5,000 to put up signs saying "Not to feed the birds , there are about 6 signs around the pond and they all say there is a $300 fine . The city is trying to clean up the pond so they put frogs in it . It's call a frog pond but I call it a duck pond b/c there are no frogs there. The pond is right in the historic district and the city want the pond looking nice . People can't feed the ducks at the boardwalk anymore b/c the ducks where pooping all over the place . The signs also warn that water my pose a risk to dog and kids but parents still let their small kids play in the water and hunt snapping turtles. I think it's crazy to spend $5,000 on signs and to not enforce the rules , the city was hoping to get some of the money back by having a high fine.

There is warning: the recording may not help anything because police officers are required to be physically see those incidents before they can issue a citation for feeding the duck, otherwise, court could dismiss the citation because police officers don't see about what happen with their own eye.

That what I learned from police chief.

There is warning: the recording may not help anything because police officers are required to be physically see those incidents before they can issue a citation for feeding the duck, otherwise, court could dismiss the citation because police officers don't see about what happen with their own eye.

But then again, theres better things to do in law enforcement.

*facepalm* You're going to stop paying for cellphone service over a $1.00 a month or 2 a month, seriously? *sigh* It's not like it's a $10.00 or $20.00 increase... If the $1.00 increase bothers you THAT badly, go find a different mobile provider with a lower service plan... seriously, it's not that difficult. Most places like Walmart ( Straight Talk ) or T-mobile have prepaid cellphone plans for $50 bucks a month with unlimited everything... There are a few others in your area, I'm sure. Here in Florida, we have Metro PCS. It's not like the $1.00 a month is funding a terrible or random cause, it is funding safety. Everyone needs or will need to use or should have access to 911 services... You of all people have loved to call them in the past. :roll: Getting rid of your cell phone over $1-2.00 a month is just ridiculous. As I said, if it's THAT big of a deal, go look for another cell phone provider to lower your bill instead of making a big deal over nothing.

*facepalm* You're going to stop paying for cellphone service over a $1.00 a month or 2 a month, seriously? *sigh* It's not like it's a $10.00 or $20.00 increase... If the $1.00 increase bothers you THAT badly, go find a different mobile provider with a lower service plan... seriously, it's not that difficult. Most places like Walmart ( Straight Talk ) or T-mobile have prepaid cellphone plans for $50 bucks a month with unlimited everything... There are a few others in your area, I'm sure. Here in Florida, we have Metro PCS. It's not like the $1.00 a month is funding a terrible or random cause, it is funding safety. Everyone needs or will need to use or should have access to 911 services... You of all people have loved to call them in the past. :roll: Getting rid of your cell phone over $1-2.00 a month is just ridiculous. As I said, if it's THAT big of a deal, go look for another cell phone provider to lower your bill instead of making a big deal over nothing.

It looks like you and Mark sharing shoes. :hmm:

no.... the police chief is basically saying - "wtf man? ain't nobody got any time for that!"

no.... the police chief is basically saying - "wtf man? ain't nobody got any time for that!"

No, that's not what police chief told me when I discussed with him about traffic issue.

Back