High School Deaf

Kira

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Kira. For those of you who know, yes, I was named after the muse, Kira, that Olivia Newton-John played in Xanadu. My parents have amazing taste.

I am fifteen years old and live in nice, sunny California. I am losing my hearing, and will soon be completely deaf. I attend a hearing high school, and am hating every second of it. My friends now get angry when I ask them to repeat things, or when I don’t hear them when they call my name when I pass them in the hall. P.E. is a living nightmare.

I am just having trouble adjusting. Right now, I’m not hearing, not deaf…I’m nowhere at all. It’s a hard place to be. And I’m just looking for people I can talk to right now.

Hello, there are plenty of deaf social areas in California. Which part of CA do you live in?

If your friends are going to get angry every time you ask them to repeat, then it might be time to find new friends. Only good friends are patient and understanding. :)

You can always attend deaf social events like Deaf Chat Coffee?

Omg yes....look into university high school. Contact the school for the deaf and see what they offer. Many if not most deaf schools do have experience with students who want to learn asl as a second language. There's also summer camps where you can learn asl etc....I will post links later on.

If your friends are going to get angry every time you ask them to repeat, then it might be time to find new friends. Only good friends are patient and understanding. :)

What's that?

:slap:
She's 15 years old, I don't think she enjoy drink coffee. :lol:

there's always fraps at starbucks :P

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz)
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 50mg 17%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 64g 22%
Dietary Fiber <1g 4%
Sugars 60g
Protein 5g
Vitamin A10%Vitamin C0%Calcium15%Iron6%
Caffeine 110mg

| Starbucks Coffee Company

Fraps make you go :hyper:

I do drink coffee, actually. Haha. And fraps are really good!

Me? I did.

You need to block this poster as a "friend" but it is not a true friend at all. When he put the e-mail address and to say I have good news to tell. Okay. I knew immediately that this is just a scam to get you involve something that you would regret. So don't fall into that trap. I am surprise that Ambrosia was fall into this scam. **shaking my head**

Edited: I don't know for sure if PamelaDeaf is a boy/man or girl/woman. He said Hello, Babe. That should tell if it is a man or boy playing prank on us Deafies and HOH. Or could be a woman or girl who want to say Babe. :roll:

Hi, my name is Kira. For those of you who know, yes, I was named after the muse, Kira, that Olivia Newton-John played in Xanadu. My parents have amazing taste.

I am fifteen years old and live in nice, sunny California. I am losing my hearing, and will soon be completely deaf. I attend a hearing high school, and am hating every second of it. My friends now get angry when I ask them to repeat things, or when I don’t hear them when they call my name when I pass them in the hall. P.E. is a living nightmare.

I am just having trouble adjusting. Right now, I’m not hearing, not deaf…I’m nowhere at all. It’s a hard place to be. And I’m just looking for people I can talk to right now.
Maybe you are hard of hearing (HOH). Do you know American Sign Language (ASL)? If not, then it's time for you to learn it if you want to meet deaf people who use ASL.

No, you misread. I am losing my hearing. As in not deaf yet. I am hearing less and less as time goes on. And I am learning ASL.

No, you misread. I am losing my hearing. As in not deaf yet. I am hearing less and less as time goes on. And I am learning ASL.

On the bold statement, if you are having problem with your hearing that you are not hearing very well since you are losing your hearing. I think you should visit the audiologist to have a hearing test and explain why you are losing your hearing. I think maybe you might have heard loud music which is common for young people when they are experiencing their hearing loss. I don't know if it is temporary or permanent. So that is why you need to see the audiologist and have a hearing test. After he finish with the hearing test, he will tell you what kind of hearing aid you want to wear so that you can hear sound better. There is nothing to be ashamed of wearing the device. That is the first utmost thing for you is to go to the audiologist. Good luck.

Talk with your mom about it. Don't get CI unless you are a candidate if you want CI. You have to be really deaf to have CI if you want it. But hearing aids are good for the late deafened anyway as long as you are not deaf. Just hard of hearing. :cool2:

Alot of old people have hearing loss, too. They wear a hearing aid to help them hear better. Therefore they are hard of hearing.

If you currently wear a hearing aid, are you able to hear/speak over a phone? If so, then you are hard of hearing. If you don't have a hearing aid, why not?

Back