High frutose corn syrup no worse than sugar

Well, you are young and you can handle it but when you get
older, be careful cuz you will gain the weight. This high
fructuse stuff is bad for your health really. If you keep
active, like you said, heavy physical type of job or exercise
will keep you from gaining weight.

Well, I had experienced weight gain during my teenage, my weight was little less than 150 in last 8 years ago and gained to 210 lbs. in 2006 due heavily consume of junk food, after I got new job and my weight has little gain to 220 lbs. then stable at range from 215 lbs. to 225 lbs. and it's depends on my mood.

I had attempt to took diet food to reduce the weight but easier to give up.

Yea, I can bring science info about this:
Plant based oils (syrup inc.) are totally riddled with elements and hard to break down. It takes longer for the cells to work with it and break it down.

You can see the chemical structure of a standard fructose molecule here:
3934.png

What then happens is the fructose gets broken into specific parts to deliver for processing by the enzymes in your body:
hfi1.jpg

In layman's terms, "high" fructose corn syrup goes directly to your liver for processing since it is a sugar. The liver then converts it to glucose, which is another makeup of the standard table sugar, the excess material, I'm not sure where it goes. Probably directly to the intestines and or body lining.

The chemical structure fructose is really complex, for just a single drop of the substance.

I would like to explain more but I can't myself, as I need to research more into the topic.. it's one of the current topics of my research.

Basically said, any plant-created oil/syrup type substance takes some time for your body to break down, and that's why it is bad.

Thanks for the explanation! I really appreciate your helpful posts.

I avoid sucrose and fructose because those two triggers my migraines.

Yes, they really flavour up the coffee/teas than the regular sugar but they're really horrible for those with heart problems & migraines.

If price and easy availability of cane sugar is problematic/prohibitive, how is it that it is obtainable in Mexico like one poster above said?

Edited for a spelling error: "cans chhanged to "cane".

Last edited:
Not reason because of switch to HFCS.

We have high tariff on all imported sugars to make more expensive to use sugar in soda.

Cuban embargo is started in early 1960's.

no no. It's not the IMMEDIATE cause-and-effect. It doesn't work like that. Because we lost our primary sugarcane industry... we had to import it from other countries - say... Indonesia?? I don't know who. Sugarcane grows in a HOT jungle-like condition. You can't just simply change the company's secret ingredient within a day or so. You need to rework your entire ingredient to switch to HFCS and that takes some years.

the concept of HFCS was very new at that time. It was introduced in 1970s and became widely used by middle 1980's. Nobody knew the effect of HFCS because no long-term study had been done. Now we're seeing the disastrous effects of HFCS - the widespread obesity!

There's no doubt that it's becoming an alarming issue and that HFCS may be heavily regulated.

If price and easy availability of cans sugar is problematic/prohibitive, how is it that it is obtainable in Mexico like one poster above said?

a very LIMITED quantity. If whole Pepsi/Coke switched to sugar, then Mexico has no choice but to jack up the price because their own people need sugar too! oh hey and also they're greedy like us! C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M at its best!

no no. It's not the IMMEDIATE cause-and-effect. It doesn't work like that. Because we lost our primary sugarcane industry... we had to import it from other countries - say... Indonesia?? I don't know who. Sugarcane grows in a HOT jungle-like condition. You can't just simply change the company's secret ingredient within a day or so. You need to rework your entire ingredient to switch to HFCS and that takes some years.

the concept of HFCS was very new at that time. It was introduced in 1970s and became widely used by middle 1980's. Nobody knew the effect of HFCS because no long-term study had been done. Now we're seeing the disastrous effects of HFCS - the widespread obesity!

There's no doubt that it's becoming an alarming issue and that HFCS may be heavily regulated.

You got different views but I just learned from my hearing friend about reason that price of sugar were expensive due high tariff, it was in Act that passed after Great Depression but can't remember and got ask again.

You got different views but I just learned from my hearing friend about reason that price of sugar were expensive due high tariff, it was in Act that passed after Great Depression but can't remember and got ask again.

same thing!!!!! You just confirmed my post. Nothing is caused by a single factor.

Wasn't there a time when Hawaii had a lot of acreage under cane sugar?

Wasn't there a time when Hawaii had a lot of acreage under cane sugar?

ah! good question! It was back in 1800's. I don't know what's going on now.

I just asked it and it called Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act.

Different time aka Protectionism. That Act was phased out after WW2 by Bretton Woods Agreement and/or by FDR. This is 21st century. Look at current reason and that reason is because of Cuban Embargo, HFCS lobbyists, etc.

Back