High Blood Pressure

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wanted to know from you all, if you have this and what is it caused by?

MOD: can you edit the title to high blood pressure?

My blood pressure was 150/90 in 2004. I was initially prescribed 50 mg of atenolol. After a year, my blood pressure was still around 150/90 and the doctor suggested increasing the dose to 100 mg. At 100 mg of atenolol, my blood pressure was around 145/90, and I lived with this for the next four years. I consulted another doctor in 2009, and he put me on 5 mg of amlodipine and 50 mg of atenolol. My blood pressure dipped to 125/82! I have always been physically active and careful with my diet, and I wondered why my blood pressure could not be lowered. Finally, I was prescribed the correct cocktail. How do I feel? As if something has been lifted off my chest!...

I have low blood pressure, but I can tell you that high blood pressure has numerous different causes. :)

Mine is usually 125-140 over 80-90. It's different each day. But the pulse rate is always in the 60's (like 65)

It says I have high blood pressure in some says and other days pre-high blood pressure. I've been meaning to get it checked out, but never got around to it. I dread going to doctors.

Had my blood pressure rechecked today. It was very high for my age. It's 140 over something not sure what. Anyway I need to go to hospital for blood tests and kidney scan. It does run in the family

Hope they will be able to keep your blood go down. Does that mean you need to change your diet ? =?

Lissa, done with editing the title. :)

I hope it goes well for you at hospital for blood tests and kidney scan.

I have a "fluctuating" blood pressure that is hereditary. In a span of 1 hour, it will go from 122/78 to 210/100 to 50/20 then back to 118/80. I watch my sodium, fat and such, have to keep the stress levels down (not easy with teenagers or a mother with dementia).

Lissa- Hope all goes well for you and you can get this taken care of.

It can be from a number of things , the food you eat can make your blood pressure high. There was something on the news tonight about the people eating way too much salt and sugar which is bad for your blood pressure. It can be hereditary . My mother family had it and her nephew dies when he was 40 or 45 years old of a heart attack! Stress can make it go up too.

I have a "fluctuating" blood pressure that is hereditary. In a span of 1 hour, it will go from 122/78 to 210/100 to 50/20 then back to 118/80. I watch my sodium, fat and such, have to keep the stress levels down (not easy with teenagers or a mother with dementia).

Lissa- Hope all goes well for you and you can get this taken care of.

Having a teenager and mother with dementia would made anyone blood pressure high! I bet you have to count to ten a lot! Do you get to have any time for yourself? It help to have some quite time , being a caretaker is very stressful.

Having a teenager and mother with dementia would made anyone blood pressure high! I bet you have to count to ten a lot! Do you get to have any time for yourself? It help to have some quite time , being a caretaker is very stressful.

When I can - I sit here on the computer and spend time online and reading e-books. Botti told me about the Barnes & Noble E-Reader and it's been a life-saver since I got it.

I also check my blood pressure 4 times daily and keep track of it. The doctor gets the chart once a month for his records.

Had my blood pressure rechecked today. It was very high for my age. It's 140 over something not sure what. Anyway I need to go to hospital for blood tests and kidney scan. It does run in the family
Ugh.... too bad. You're 19 right? I have a friend who has been on hypertensive meds for quite a while, and she's only 28.
She has a familial form of it...she says her mom was on it from the time she was 19.
You don't smoke right? Smoking can really be dangerous for folks with high blood pressue.
My friend smokes :( and refuses to stop. I really don't think she'll make 40 or even 35 to tell you the truth.
I wonder if there are any new hypertensive meds, and I wonder if they can help those with strong familial hypertension.

I'm actually 20. I don't smoke at all. My sister was checked last month and hers was high too, she'll be rechecked fairly soon. Ugh blood tests scheduled for today. I can't eat till after my appointment today at 12.20 . It's 9am right now and I haven't ate since midnight so I'm fairly hungry. I would get the results in 3-4 days

My dad is has high blood is really mood stress. I notice my dad is really high blood is not good health because reason have problem serious. That is not good.. dad never tell me truth, proval because I already saw my dad, I ask my mom because tell me about to aware. I never biologist his nothing give you explain. I am surprised.

Today's blood pressure is 140/100. Sister is now having blood tests. My mum also has it but hers started after she turned 40. Kidney scan and bloods was normal, may need further tests :S

Mine's a little low, so I get dizzy sometimes but nothing otherwise. Mostly it's stress, being overweight and eating lots of salty/fatty foods that can cause it- but you're not overweight and as far as I know your diet's not too bad. Try not to worry, the Drs will decide what to do when you've had the tests xx

Wanted to know from you all, if you have this and what is it caused by?

MOD: can you edit the title to high blood pressure?

Common Causes of HBP:

Smoking
Being overweight or obese
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
Stress
Older age
Genetics
Family history of high blood pressure
Chronic kidney disease
Adrenal and thyroid disorder

My BP stays in the normal range, in fact it's far more lower than normal.

It's like this with my mom's side of the family.

My dad's on the other hand....High Blood Pressure

Common Causes of HBP:

Smoking
Being overweight or obese
Lack of physical activity
Too much salt in the diet
Too much alcohol consumption (more than 1 to 2 drinks per day)
Stress
Older age
Genetics
Family history of high blood pressure
Chronic kidney disease
Adrenal and thyroid disorder

My BP stays in the normal range, in fact it's far more lower than normal.

It's like this with my mom's side of the family.

My dad's on the other hand....High Blood Pressure

I do not smoke, drink(hardly), we're not obese or overweight, I am only 20, we do have a family history of high blood pressure, mother started with it at 40 onwards, sister and myself(both 20) showing signs of it and have been diagnosed.

Do you exercise often weekly? If at minimum, just 20-30minutes a day.

I think this is one of the most contributing factors.
You can have high BP even without exercising and being low or ideal weight.

Do you exercise often weekly? If at minimum, just 20-30minutes a day.

I think this is one of the most contributing factors.
You can have high BP even without exercising and being low or ideal weight.

Yeah I do exercise etc. My doctor wants me to see a cardiologist

Back