Hiding the hearing loss....

thanks maybe someday right now i can't. i still ashamed i cant accept that i have a hearing loss at the age of 32

I was born with hearing loss and I'm not ashamed of it.

Does the denial of having a "hearing loss/vision problem' suggest one's non acceptance?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I will always encourage my daughter not to hide her hearing loss from anyone. I hope the way I am towards her hearing aids (calling them her pretty ears, encouraging her to show them to family and friends when she gets new stickers put on, putting hair up most of the time, being excited for new molds, drawing hearing aids on her dolls with sharpie markers and the list goes on) teaches her that hearing loss is not something to be a shamed of!

That's very sweet :)

I will always encourage my daughter not to hide her hearing loss from anyone. I hope the way I am towards her hearing aids (calling them her pretty ears, encouraging her to show them to family and friends when she gets new stickers put on, putting hair up most of the time, being excited for new molds, drawing hearing aids on her dolls with sharpie markers and the list goes on) teaches her that hearing loss is not something to be a shamed of!

Hearingaidmama, will you adopt me? no wait, I'm way too old to be adopted... :(

Back