Hi!

Rahy

Reaction score
Hi, everyone on AD!

I was born deaf to hearing parents and I actually learned ASL from Easter Seals. I grew up loving horses and that is how I got my username, Rahy, from one of the greatest racehorses. My mom didn't learn to use ASL to communicate with me until I was three years old... My father instantly began to learn ASL for me to talk with me until I was seven years old when he passed away from colon cancer. My mom married my stepfather... My parents weren't married when I was born. She had my older sister from the previous relationship... Anyhoo, my stepfather and I had a very rocky father-daughter relationship until I was sixteen years old, he passed away, leaving me to lose another father in one of my lifetime's chapters. It is not easy to lose two fathers before I even became eighteen.

Since I grew up loving the horses I met and lived on a horse farm, I dream to be a horse jockey(I actually am 5 ft and 1/2 in), a horse trainer and finally, a culinary master. I am very determined to take a risk to become all of these three dreams to be true. Ron Turcotte, Kent Desormeaux, and Red Pollard are my favorite jockeys and they and (my love for horses) inspired me to be a horse jockey and trainer. The reason I want to be a chef is because of my female ancestors(my grandmothers, aunts)' love of cooking and they literally taught me to make cakes, casseroles, etc. I owe them a lifetime love of cooking.

So that is it! :wave:

Back