Hi!

codiberry

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Codi.

I am a nursing student trying to learn ASL so that I can help more people. I have always thought ASL was beautiful and such an awesome way to express yourself.

I lived with a Deaf friend for about a year before she died (long story) and she taught me and my daughter a lot of sign. My daughter, who is hearing as well, didn't talk for her first 2 years because ASL was easier for her! :lol:

Since my friend pasted 3 years ago, I have lost a lot of my signing as has my daughter but we are trying to relearn it and we are teaching my son (she is 5 and he is 18mo).

Well, I guess that's pretty much why I'm here in a nutshell. I love to talk and I'm really friendly so feel free to drop me a line! I also have a webcam if anyone would be willing to practice with me on yahoo! messenger.

Hello and welcome! :)

I think it's awesome for the babies to learn ASL, if I ever have children I would do the same. It helps the childs' learning process, plus I think they're so adorable when signing.
If you haven't already, maybe check out Signing Time for the little ones. And there is a thread here for ASL learners (students): http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/75678-students-looking-asl-buddies.html
Also, depending on your preference you can check out ASLPro.com Home , I still use this site when I struggle with something.

If there are socials that you know of around your area, maybe bring the "crew" out for a family learning experience. :D Personally, I feel it's better to actually be out in the world learning "hands" on, than watching or reading about it.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back