Hi

blank canvas

Reaction score
Ok so I have posted a few threads and commented on others but I have not introduced myself, allow me to do so. I'm 25 a single mom I have two little girls my oldest is deaf youngest is hearing. I started learning ASL when my daughter was 4months old, then when I got pregnant with my 2nd I was diagnosed with cancer, due to the surgeries and chemo I have begun to loose my own hearing, because of an infection in my brain and being sick my ASL has not progressed. I am at a 3rd grade level my daughter is in 2nd grade. So now that I am better I am in school full time for ASL and slowly making progress, but definitely not where I should be. Well, anyway I am waiting to get a VP until then I have Skype if anyone wants to have a bad, mind numbing, un-stimulating conversation teehee let me know.
:wave:

Ok so I have posted a few threads and commented on others but I have not introduced myself, allow me to do so. I'm 25 a single mom I have two little girls my oldest is deaf youngest is hearing. I started learning ASL when my daughter was 4months old, then when I got pregnant with my 2nd I was diagnosed with cancer, due to the surgeries and chemo I have begun to loose my own hearing, because of an infection in my brain and being sick my ASL has not progressed. I am at a 3rd grade level my daughter is in 2nd grade. So now that I am better I am in school full time for ASL and slowly making progress, but definitely not where I should be. Well, anyway I am waiting to get a VP until then I have Skype if anyone wants to have a bad, mind numbing, un-stimulating conversation teehee let me know.
:wave:

Welcome to AD..smiling..wow I am sure you have alot to share.. you sound like an incredably strong spirit....so..stay positive and again so glad to have you with us. Peace to you and Good luck:wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. Also HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :wave:

Wow! Nice to meet you! I was born profoundly deaf but didnt learn ASL until I was 25 years old.

Welcome to AD..smiling..wow I am sure you have a lot to share.. You sound like an incredably strong spirit....so..stay positive and again so glad to have you with us. Peace to you and Good luck:wave:

More stubborn than strong lol and yes always positive to the point that its nauseating hehe :giggle: ty for your nice words

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum! :)

I didn't learn ASL until I was 18 years old when I was at RIT college.

Thank you shel and Sosie very encouraging!! I hope it doesn't take me long, I would hate to have my daughter surpass me, for her sake as I am the parent it is my job to teach her not the other way around... plus I'm sick of saying "no interpreter wont help, can't hear you but my asl isn't great, got a pen?" Ya that didn't go over well in court.... teehee

Back