Hi :)

MissKatt

Reaction score
Hi, my name's Kat and I'm hearing. I've been interested in the Deaf community for a long while. I'm not quite fluent in ASL or sign, but I'd say I'm at a conversational level. I joined because I really want to become more involved and a better signer.

Hi, my name's Kat and I'm hearing. I've been interested in the Deaf community for a long while. I'm not quite fluent in ASL or sign, but I'd say I'm at a conversational level. I joined because I really want to become more involved and a better signer.

Odd name choice. FaireJour may have it trademarked.

What made you choose that name?

:wave:

Also a character in Star Fox 64. :) So shouldn't Nintendo be suing faire_jour? :lol:

Anyway, welcome to AllDeaf! Hope you don't mind our humour. :)

That's like the only Nintendo game I missed! I saw a game cube for $29.95 at Game Stop the other day. Should have bought it. :aw:

Hmmm... I actually had no idea about either of those...
People have just always called me Kat and most sites already have the username MissKat already taken

Hmmm... I actually had no idea about either of those...
People have just always called me Kat and most sites already have the username MissKat already taken

Same, I have friends who call me "birdie" in reality and virtual land ;) but that nickname didn't settle too well in AD :P but I like yours and I don't think there will be a problem ;) welcome to AD!!

Best way to improve your ASL by socializing deaf people in dphh, deaf bars, andeaf coffee, deaf expo, too many to list. Welcome to alldeaf!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just hope the name Miss Katt like yours MissKatt are not confuse with faire_Jou`s daughter. We will see what happen. :confused: Anyway, have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hate to say it, but, I'm also suspicious.

Look at the OP's first post. It's telling. They say they want to further their skills; yet they consider themselves at least able to converse in ASL. They also distinguish "sign" from ASL.

Would a novice know there are differences and know to make the distinction?

Hmmm :hmm:

Back