Hi!

athina

Reaction score
Hi, thanks to AllDeaf.com for giving me the opportunity to post here. I'm Athina, deaf, from the Philippines.

:welcome: To All Deaf athina!!!!
All the way from the Philippines eh? That's so kool:)
Have fun posting &
Enjoy your stay here:thumb:

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Hello, thanks for the warm welcome! I'm havin' a good time reading the posts. And yes I'm from the Phillipines where English is a second language. Quite an advantage- it enabled me to join a cool site like this. :)

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! It's cool enough to know that you're able to have access to a site like this in your country--anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

Have a great day! :wave:

~RR

I believe He is there and He is not silent

There were episodes of silence in my life. When I say episodes of silence it means times when I don’t talk to God, when our line of communication is broken, when I do not pray, I am silent.
Sometimes this silence will come to the point where I will be filled with hatred and rage. In my mind I will rage against my parents who did not move heaven and earth to have my deafness treated. In my mind I will tell them this deafness is the cause of all my life’s misfortunes. That this deafness made me believe I will amount to nothing. I want even arrogantly to tell the world I am capable of doing most anything except hear well. This deafness warped and dented my personality.
My deeply caring family will try to counsel me out of my pain and anger. My heart’s response was always – you will never know my pain unless you’re deaf yourself.
Strangely I never vented my anger on God. I just kept silent. I’m so hurt I refuse to talk to Him or confront Him. Perhaps because from childhood I have known Him to be a good, loving and merciful God and it is impossible for such kind of God to make me deaf, or give me pain. I have a great respect for this God that I dare not question Him but I behaved in such a way that He will see how hurt I was.
This silence stretched to many years until I woke up to the realization that God is not silent. In fact He’s trying to reach me, He’s talking to me. It is I who would not listen. Thru a loving family who would not give up on me, thru times of self searching and reading the Bible and books about God I rediscovered the good God of my childhood. I learned divine truths that I need not question God about my disability. He is the potter, I am the clay. There is pain and sickness because we live in a fallen world.

God does not always give us answers to our questions but He gave us promises we can stand on. And most importantly, life is not about us but about God and His love for us while we still have a disability.
Ted Turner, the US media mogul said that God is only for losers. Exactly! And also for us who have lost our hearing. Even if we can cope, even if we have access to the best medical practitioners and the latest in technology, even if we have a supportive family, we still need God. Because again life is about Him and His love for us while we still have a disability. This only means even if God will not miraculously unstop our ears in our lifetime there is still a life out yonder when our healing will be complete. God is good and His mercies never end.

:welcome: Here! :wave: This place is great place to meet with other people from all over the place.

Enjoy your stay in AD and post anything to share with us!

:cheers:

Back