Hi

TinyMe

Reaction score
(Not sure if I'm doing this correct sorry if it's not)

Hi, not to sure how to introduce myself so here it goes...
Im am 29 and from Ontario Canada. Married with 2 kids 1g 1b. About 6 months ago I went for a hearing test as I noticed my hearing was declining quite significantly. Tests came back as me needing hearing aids for both ears, had that set up waiting for insurance... Near the end of Nov my right ear felt like it had got plugged and it stayed that way. Then mid Dec the same thing happen to the left ear. I basically went from being able to hear "ok" to hearing nothing at all in a matter of weeks... It is a huge shock to the system. Not very good at introduction but I'm here so, Hi everyone :wave:
Ps. The Drs have not yet found a reason (still testing) for the sudden hearing loss.

Last edited:
Hey welcome!

I'm from Ontario too! I was always HOH but had a major and sudden drop in my hearing when I was 22! I hope you're coping okay - lots of people have great resources on here that might be able to help you! Hope you enjoy your time here!

(Not sure if I'm doing this correct sorry if it's not)

Hi, not to sure how to introduce myself so here it goes...
Im am 29 and from Ontario Canada. Married with 2 kids 1g 1b. About 6 months ago I went for a hearing test as I noticed my hearing was declining quite significantly. Tests came back as me needing hearing aids for both ears, had that set up waiting for insurance... Near the end of Nov my right ear felt like it had got plugged and it stayed that way. Then mid Dec the same thing happen to the left ear. I basically went from being able to hear "ok" to hearing nothing at all in a matter of weeks... It is a huge shock to the system. Not very good at introduction but I'm here so, Hi everyone :wave:
Ps. The Drs have not yet found a reason (still testing) for the sudden hearing loss.
:wave:Your intro was fine. Did you happen to have any tinnitus before your hearing loss?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.
Softabak, I feel I'm doing the best I can do :) At times I feel like I just want to isolate myself or that I'm being a bother to others esp to my family. I know everyone will have their own experience (because everyone is different)but hoping to find others who have experienced similar things so I can kind of see/know what to expect.
artr, yes I had very slight tinnitus before the decline but got profoundly worse after.
I should also mention I had a lot of ear infections as a child. At age 12 I was sent for a hearing test that came back as slight loss in my R ear. At that time they said it was so insignificant that was not a concern. My last check up (before I was recommended to get one) was at age 19 and everything checked out fine then....

Last edited:
TinyMe,
I understand your situation. Mine was kind of sudden, squealing tinnitus 24/7 in October 2014, along with some hearing loss in December. I get my hearing aids next month. Even though I can still hear, some words are unintelligible because of this. I'll probably have more hearing loss over time. We have to have understanding from those around us (and sometimes that appears to be a struggle for them) as we adjust. Just don't think of yourself as a bother to others.

Sorry to hear that happen but glad you can be helped with hearing aids. At this time I'm a just a wait an see case... My family is not really the problem it's just the way I feel about it. Your absolutely right that everyone just needs time to adjust as I/we go through this :)

Back