Hi!

dominikwci

Reaction score
I am from Switzerland.

I was born with a severe hearing loss and my hearing got weaker during the past few years. So I decided last summer to get a CI for the right ear and to continue with the HA in the left ear.

Unfortunately, I can't sign.

I am looking foward to communicate with you in this forum.

Dominik

hi:) i'm new to this forum and have just been reading random posts. my name is becki and i have cochlear implants too, in both ears! how are you coping with a ci?

Hi to both of you! Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here. My 10-yr-old daughter has a hearing loss and wears a CI in one ear and an HA in the other.

I'll see you around the boards, I'm sure.

Hi to both of you! Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new here. My 10-yr-old daughter has a hearing loss and wears a CI in one ear and an HA in the other.

I'll see you around the boards, I'm sure.
hi:) how did your daughter lose her hearing?

Hello all,

Many thanks for your kind words!

@tatinstro
My activation was on the 12/12/12 so I am still a CI-Baby. But my progress has been great so far, I can understand spoken language with the CI when it is quiet. Human voices are still a bit "thin" but this will get better when my audie will rise loudness bit by bit during the next mapping sessions.
Overall, I am surprised how fast I could adapt the sound of the CI as it was (and sometimes still is) very strange. Further, I can hear sounds now I have never heard before.
The decision to go with the CI has been one of my most important and best in my life. It is clear for me that I will go bilateral one day in the next few years.

@Shiloh
I have just read a bit on your blog. Wow, you are really caring for your daughter, chapeau!
How was her first school day? I think she was was full of new impressions.

All the best,
Dominik

Back