Hi

KathyCT

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Kathy. I am 44 years old and have been struggling with sudden hearing loss for the last 4+ years (although, I don't think it was sudden, but a long time in the making, make sense?). My hoh story is long.. I'll save that for another day. I am thrilled to have found ALLDeaf... I hope to connect with other members, share some of my thoughts, gain some knowledge? Although I'm surrounded by friends and family, being hoh can be lonely, fustrating and at time very emotionally overwhelming. I'm glad to have found you all :P

Hi Kathy , I'm new here also
Yes it can be very lonely and frustrating being hard of hearing esp. if you had perfect hearing to began with..

Hi Kathy,
Welcome to AD. Glad you found this site.
You are not alone and now will make good Deaf friends thru this forum.
Goodluck surfing AD.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Hello Kathy. I'm new here as well. I believe you'll find this website your "harmony haven" When you are finally at peace with your hearing lost, it does have a positive stigma; the general human civilization is just a band of cacophony chaos, and silence is so forgiving! After 52 years, I have the advantage of stepping out (or returning) the zone.

Back