hi...

THATDEAFGIRL

Reaction score
hello, i am deaf with cochlear implant and grew up in the hearing world...i wore hearing aids till i was almost deaf and i have had the implant for bout 12yrs...i have been having hard times with this implant....i have usher syndrome and doing research bout it...i have very little knowledge of the deaf world and why i feel certain ways, etc...does this make sense? i have more ? but just wanted to introduce myself and hope i can learn some stuff on here and hope anyone can help....

:wave:...big welcome to you! Some memberrs with a CI and some do have Usher's....Feel sure you will be able to get lots of infor. here...so welcome aboard!

Welcome! How old are you? There's a lot of resources out there such as camps etc...if you're young enough you could attend the school for the deaf or mssd.

hello, i am deaf with cochlear implant and grew up in the hearing world...i wore hearing aids till i was almost deaf and i have had the implant for bout 12yrs...i have been having hard times with this implant....i have usher syndrome and doing research bout it...i have very little knowledge of the deaf world and why i feel certain ways, etc...does this make sense? i have more ? but just wanted to introduce myself and hope i can learn some stuff on here and hope anyone can help....

On the bold statement, this is hard for any of us to believe that you had suffered under the hands of hearing parents and the hearing society to abandon you without ASL and to not learn about Deaf Culture, not to be able to be with d/Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and adults. You had been isolated and your parents don't listen to you. This is really sad. I have been trying to tell hearing people for many years and they don't believe me and think they know all about deafness which they don't.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I do hope you have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :sadwave:

Back