Hi!

dawn

Reaction score
This is my first time here. I am 41 years old and I don't know anyone who is deaf like me. My mother never involved me in the deaf community when I was a young child. I wish she did. It is very hard for me living in a hearing world and I don't know what my life is going to continue to be like since I am very lonely. Hearing people are rude and they just don't understand. I'm glad I found this site. I feel like I can vent and perhaps be understood. It just seems to me that I have wasted my life dealing with people who can hear and I would like to be a part of the deaf community but I'm a little nervous and I don't know how to be a part of it.

Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

I understand how you feel. I was like that. My parents were always trying to get me involved with hearing communities instead of deaf communities.

Hi Dawn,

Such a shame your mother barred you rom being actively involved in the deaf community. Never fear it's not too late for you to join if you like.

Anyway, have a lot of fun on AD and meet great people! :type:

Cheers :bye:

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry to hear what your mom did ...but you fit right in here so welcome to AD, and enjoy your stay here! :wave:

:wave: welcome here and enjoy it! i dont blame u for that.. i uddy how ur feeling and glad that u found this so u will enjoy with deaf!!!

Hello Dawn

Hello Dawn, I hope that you would be able to find what you are looking for. Like few others have had already said, it isn't never too late to join. I hope that your loneliness would not last for much longer and find someone or something to do. Take care and welcome to AD! :)

:wave: Dawn,

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf and enjoy your stay. Have fun postin' with ADers anytime. This site is a part of your family. :)

Dawn,

You're the most welcome here always as your home!! Feel your speak it out here.. All of everyones ADers who will be understanding your situation or else... Anything you want post vent or for fun posting funny jokes wha..ever you like name it..

Good to be see'n you here...

You'll live...and welcome to AD and we're here and we're deaf. :D. Many parents are like that to deaf people, so you're not alone.

Hello Dawn--Welcome to AllDeaf, have fun reading and posting in here...hope your stay will be a pleasant one...you'll have the sense of a 'belonging' while being in AllDeaf and hopefully it will help you become a bit more comfortable interacting with others like yourself...feel free to open up if needed or just to make new friends via AllDeaf!! :mrgreen:

Hi Dawn welcome to the board. Nice to know that we have another New England member here, too. :D Enjoy your stay!

Welcome! It's never too late to join the deaf community! :) Hope you find this site a friendly and informative place!

Hi Dawn and welcome to Alldeaf! You will enjoy this site as much as i do..
I understand how you feel about feeling "left out"..believe me, i have been
thru all kinds of crap from the hearies...I just ignore the ones who dont or even try to understand the deaf..they are just ignorant is all. There are some hearies are good like my husband, he is hearing but he understands the deaf.
he has mild hearing loss in one ear and wears hearing aid and is now losing some in the other ear..all due to constant noise he was exposed to at work.
Maybe your mom dont understand how important for the deaf to interact with the deaf same with the hearing world.
You will have fun in here, really!
:)

dawn said:
This is my first time here. I am 41 years old and I don't know anyone who is deaf like me. My mother never involved me in the deaf community when I was a young child. I wish she did. It is very hard for me living in a hearing world and I don't know what my life is going to continue to be like since I am very lonely. Hearing people are rude and they just don't understand. I'm glad I found this site. I feel like I can vent and perhaps be understood. It just seems to me that I have wasted my life dealing with people who can hear and I would like to be a part of the deaf community but I'm a little nervous and I don't know how to be a part of it.

Hi Dawn,

State of Massachusetts has alot of socialize and events. It is perfect for you to involve Massachusetts Associate for the Deaf events. It will develop your confidence esteem self.

you may like to check with http://www.msad.org/

I think, there is Waterwork in Quincy, MA Deaf Social on September 4th, Saturday night. I am not sure if it is Sept 4th or 11th.

When you join the member with msad. You will receive subscribe every weekly to events, education, yard sale, social dates, etc...

We will be going to MSAD Cruise in Boston on Sunday. That would be fun for us.

Katzie said:
Hi Dawn welcome to the board. Nice to know that we have another New England member here, too. :D Enjoy your stay!

More Bostonian Bake Beans eater ??? hehehehe :lol:

Sabrina said:
More Bostonian Bake Beans eater ??? hehehehe :lol:

Don't know if Dawn eats Boston Baked Beans... I sure like Bush's baked beans better. :sadwave: :laugh2:

Back