Hi :)

Deanne

Reaction score
Hey everybody :) I'm Deanne, and currently live in Massachusetts with my husband, two boys (4 and 6), two cats and 5 chickens. I'm HOH with a progressive loss.

Hello and welcome aboard, Deanne!~ :wave:

Hey everybody :) I'm Deanne, and currently live in Massachusetts with my husband, two boys (4 and 6), two cats and 5 chickens. I'm HOH with a progressive loss.

Cool, someone who can honestly say "nobody here but us chickens!"

Welcome Deanne!

Are the cats and chickens allowed to interact at all? I've heard of cats befriending other animals that would otherwise be prey but if I had a bird anywhere near my cats then I would not have a bird anymore. :>

My cats are outdoor cats and regularly 'gift' me with animals, but they don't get near the chickens. For one, the chickens are bigger than they are ;) and two, the chickens scare the cats. If there was a small bird flying around my house ,the cats would go after it but they know the chickens are off limits and didn't even bother them when they were chicks.

I'm in Fitchburg -- are you close?
There's a sizable Deaf community in Boston (so I've been told) but it's a tad far for me to go regularly.

Nope, down to the Cape. However isn't there a DEAF INC office in Fitchburg?

No idea. I'm an atheist, so I probably wouldn't see them around much :giggle:

Deaf Inc is a Dhh social services agency. DEAF Inc., About Us i could have sworn they had a satilliate in Fitchburg, but maybe they closed it.
I'll ask around if there's anything near you...I know there are dhh events in Worcester sometimes.

Back