Hi there. I'm a newbie.

TinyAttentionSp

Reaction score
I hope I'd be welcome here. I'm hearing, and I don't actually know any Deaf people. However, I'm slowly picking up ASL on my own and will likely eventually take classes. No particular reason as of yet, just... why not? I figured I'd join here maybe to learn about Deaf culture and the etiquette involved in signing, because I'm so clueless lol. Nice to meet you all. :o

Welcome!! I am hearing as well and have been teaching myself since about Feb 09. A good way to practice is to do a video chat with a webcam. This forum is VERY helpful, too! I've learned quite a bit just reading through the posts.

God Bless,

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You have come to the right place to find out more informations on deafness, Deaf Culture, and Sign Language like ASL, BSL, or any other sign language in many other countries. Just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AD u will eventually learn that deaf community is big but at least u may not see any like me.. I don't see any deafies but if events for deaf they wud right be out and meeting people to have fun ;) so happy posting in the forum. see u around then :thumb:

hey! :) i am hearing and learning asl as well. i too wondered if i would be welcome here. and everyone has been really nice, friendly and very helpful! :D
no one has tried to beat me up... yet. ;) hee hee.

Back