Hi. Thanks.

soc

Reaction score
I have been profoundly deaf since babyhood. My deafness was discovered when I was 3 years old. And got CI operation when I was 10 years old.

I want to know more than myself. thanks.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun browsing around the threads and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Why sign motions and not writing it down,,,

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun browsing around the threads and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Hello,
I am writing from India. I have lost my sense of hearing. The condition have not been since birth, it was gradual. Two operations had not helped much.
I always carry papers and a pen and make people write what they want to convey. It is easy and one does not have to write the whole sentence, just two or three words and I can get what they want to say.
Any one can try this system. People stare at people who are conversing using hand motions.
I am new to this forum and would like to know what you think I suggested just now.
Thanks.
Gopal mukherji.
India.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am writing from India. I have lost my sense of hearing. The condition have not been since birth, it was gradual. Two operations had not helped much.
I always carry papers and a pen and make people write what they want to convey. It is easy and one does not have to write the whole sentence, just two or three words and I can get what they want to say.
Any one can try this system. People stare at people who are conversing using hand motions.
I am new to this forum and would like to know what you think I suggested just now.
Thanks.
Gopal mukherji.
India.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, Gopal. Well, that is the way I write in the thread and it becomes a habit. I sign the way I want to gesture or express my feeling as I am deaf. I am very comfortable to using the sign language like ASL (American Sign Language). I am sure in India, there should be natural sign language for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing which I am not familiar in India. I don't know anything about India because I have never visit countries beside United States and Mexico. Don't worry about people staring at the Deaf people signing their natural language. Just ignore them. This is our Deaf Culture just the way we are. We are proud of being deaf and nothing is wrong with that. I am sorry that your operations are not working out for you. We have another Ader who go through the same way as you. He just want a different kind of model for his CI operation. Anyway, you will be fine here if you are really interest in our Deaf Culture and sign language. Every one of us are from different country so make yourself at home here. Just enjoy browsing around here and post any topic you like to discuss or debate with us. See you around here. :wave: :cool2:

Hello,
I am writing from India and I have lost my sense of hearing. I can let you know various kinds of sufferings of people with this condition.
If you like write to me.
Regards.
Gopal. India.

Back