Hi soulmates

Nanagg

Reaction score
My family call me the queen of captions. I used to love to go to the high school plays and watch my grandchildren but I can not enjoy them anymore
I am a 73 year old grandmother who is on a fixed income, I do not qualify for free aids as I am on social security and medicare which makes me ineligable, altho neither provides any coverage for hearing aids. I was hoping if anyone had some unused behind the ear aids they could donate and send to me it would be of great help and I could have them refitted. I enjoy reading all the blogs
Thank you, Nanagg

I don't know why you put up with soulmates. It is like looking for a mate so that you can have fun, am I right? Anyway, I am a grandmother of 4 granddaughters (have only one son). I am 65 years old. I am sorry that you are having a hard time not getting hearing aids when you need badly. I have not been in USA for a long while (almost 17 years in Canada).

I don't usually keep an old aids. I usually gave them away to the audiologist or threw them away in the dump. I did not realize that they can be salvage to be able to use them again. I thought the old hearing aids are not good to work. It is the same with eyeglasses that can be salvage to be use for people who need the eyeglasses badly. Never thought of that before.

Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I am not looking for a date just hearing aids
i hav a audiological evaluation but I can't make heads or tails about what it means

Ok here goes under pure tone audiogram frequency there a lot of squiggly lines that run from 10 down to between 60 and 70 Then under type it is checked sensorinural. Under speech audiometry it states Threshold (st) R-56db L-54db This was a free hearing test and when he saw I wasn't buying anything he just said that I would be helped with a pair of behind the ear aid systems Thanks

I guess 73 years ago soulmate was a good friend who shared the same problems you did I am not looking for anything more than reading and posting all the threads here. . Thank you Bebonag

I guess 73 years ago soulmate was a good friend who shared the same problems you did I am not looking for anything more than reading and posting all the threads here. . Thank you Bebonag

I am surrprised!

Ok here goes under pure tone audiogram frequency there a lot of squiggly lines that run from 10 down to between 60 and 70 Then under type it is checked sensorinural. Under speech audiometry it states Threshold (st) R-56db L-54db This was a free hearing test and when he saw I wasn't buying anything he just said that I would be helped with a pair of behind the ear aid systems Thanks

So it looks like a moderate loss. Click that link I put up for you and see if you can get free aids through Starkey.

Try the Lions Club International. I know they collect hearing aids and eyeglasses.

Starkey can not help me I requested last year . On the application I stated that I have a credit card . own my home, am on social security and medicare (altho neither have help for hearing aids)

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for contacting the HEAR NOW Program of the Starkey Hearing Foundation for hearing aid assistance, In response to your recent application, I must advise you that we are unable to help you at this time.
After a thorough review of your application and its supporting documents, we have concluded that your current financial situation precludes us from considering you for assistance at this time. When your financial circumstances change, then we would be happy to reconsider your application.
Applicants are asked to check other options for assistance which include: family support, insurance, state Medicaid program, vocational rehabilitation, school district, VA, church groups, state or local programs. This program is designed to assist those who have no other resources available and is a last resort program.

Starkey Hearing Foundation
HEAR NOW Program
6700 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

My family call me the queen of captions. I used to love to go to the high school plays and watch my grandchildren but I can not enjoy them anymore
I am a 73 year old grandmother who is on a fixed income, I do not qualify for free aids as I am on social security and medicare which makes me ineligable, altho neither provides any coverage for hearing aids. I was hoping if anyone had some unused behind the ear aids they could donate and send to me it would be of great help and I could have them refitted. I enjoy reading all the blogs
Thank you, Nanagg

Wow! My, my. I am the same in your shoes! I am on SSD, Medicare and I still cannot afford to buy a new digital hearing aid. Medicare refused to pay the coverage of one for me and they said I have to buy it on my own. How can I afford it? It is not fair that they ALWAYS pay the coverage of Cochlear Implant which worths 40 thousand dollars or more!! Hearing aid worths only less than 3,000 dollars. Yes, they are surely full of shit! My father is 73 years old too and he has this little complicated hearing loss and he does not want to wear hearing aid because it never helped him to decipher or recieve the clear messages from other person(s.) He always has this kind of complicated hearing loss since early 1970s. I still have 2 broken analog hearig aids. I do not want them but I still have to pay for the damages if I want them to be fixed. One of my analog HAs is from 1980s and other one is from 1990s. Pretty old and broken, I prefer new digital hearing aid and I have never tried it before.. but I want to!

Oh, I want to update about VESID (Vocation Rehabalition) which I had appointment with this bitch conselor who did not fare well in ASL on August 11th, we discussed about possibly getting digital hearing aid for coverage and now it is one month now I have not heard from or gotten a letter from her since yet. I wonder what am I supposed to do?

it does not pay to work hard all your life and pay into the social security system and pay your bills and mortgage work two jobs so you don't have to ask for help Now that I need it I don't qualify
I guess I should have partied and spent my money and then I would qualify for medicaid.

Back