Hi, my name is Brad and I am from Nashville, TN

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
Hi all. As stated my name is Brad. I am 21, 22 in 2 months.

Lets see, a little about myself
1.) I love love love cars
2.) I am avid photographer
3.) Oh and I forgot to mention I am almost completely deaf. My hearing loss stems from a disorder simply referred to as NF2. It has caused tumors to grow on both hearing nerves(L&R). 3 tumors were removed from my left hearing nerve when I was 11, and it "killed" the nerve. There is also a tumor on my left ear, that has caused severe hearing loss (about 90%), and I will be having surgery in the next few months to remove it. When it is removed, I will be receiving an ABI implant. Hopefully that helps.

As you can see I am not the best at online introductions but dont let that fool you. I am a very laid back and easy going person.

I would also like to say that I have never known another deaf/hoh person, so I look forward to future friendships

Hello welcome to AD nice to forum nice to meet to you :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Never ran into anyone? Interesting..you'll meet plenty on here! Best of luck

NF2,, crap!! is that in your family? i have known a few individuals and all went deaf from it. look up deaf in you area. there should be plenty.

Hi

Hi Brad, I just joined as well. Don't worry about your intro..it seemed fine to me. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Take care
Staci

Hello welcome to AD nice to forum nice to meet to you :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Never ran into anyone? Interesting..you'll meet plenty on here! Best of luck

Hi Brad, I just joined as well. Don't worry about your intro..it seemed fine to me. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Take care
Staci

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to getting know many of you

NF2,, crap!! is that in your family? i have known a few individuals and all went deaf from it. look up deaf in you area. there should be plenty.

Yeah, it runs in my family. As far back as we know, my grandmother had it and she passed it to my dad, he then passed it to one of my brothers and myself. NF2 actually killed my GM, dad and brother :(. I have had 6 surgeries so far from complications of NF2 and will be having another in just a month or so

Hi Brad! How are you? Your introduction sounds fine. I hear but I am currently learning asl. Well, I have quite some time studying asl. I am from NY. Never been to Nashville but I have been to Memphis, TN. Someday I would like to go to Nashville just to see what it is like. Love to travel. BTW, my name is Aura and I am 28 years old. I would like to learn more about the Deaf culture and improve my asl skills. I also would like to say that I think it is very brave of you to have gone through all those surgeries and still have strength to continue on. I hope we can get to know each other and be friends.

Hi! I just joined, nice to meet you, hope we will be interested more exchanges!

Hi Brad,
nice to have you here!
So you are a photographer?
I really hope you will share some of your stuff with us someday ^^
Cya

Back