Hi... learning ASL in New Jersey

rainbowgurl6667

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm Julie. I'm 21, hearing, and live in morris co. New Jersey. I've been interested in learning ASL since I was in fourth grade. I know a little bit, but I am trying to become fluent. I've recently started to teach my self using websites and online classes. Right now I am trying to learn the grammar rules.

I'm looking for other people in my area who are fluent in signing, Deaf or hearing, who would be willing to help me learn. I'd like to make some friends in the Deaf community because right now, I don't know anyone who knows ASL and I have no idea where to look. Practicing is hard without another person.

So here I am. I just found this site this evening, and I am hoping to make some friends here. If anyone would be willing to help me, can you please let me know? My AIM screen name is Rainbowgurl6667 and my email is jw6667@yahoo.com
Thanks!
I look forward to meeting and forming friendships with you all :)
~Julie~

1.gif
to AD.. Good luck on finding someone from NJ and learning ASL. Meanwhile I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Enjoy browsing and posting!

:welcome: To All Deaf Julie!!!!
I'm hearing myself & been learning ASL for almost 5 years now. It's very interesting language:)
Have Fun Posting &
Enjoy Your Stay Here:thumb:

Hello
You are welcome ;)
So do I, i’m new in AD ! But I practise LSF (-> French Sign Language) :-s and I live in the north of Paris.
About me, I would like to meet deaf person practising ASL. You are hearing, it’s not matter. What I want is getting in touch with friends :):)
My mail address is des_flo4891@hotmail.com

See you, I hope
Florent

me too !

your story sounds so much like mine. i learned the signed alphabet in third grade and i've been trying to learn more ever since. By 8th grade i only knew the simplest phrases and words, and by now ive been studying through DVDs and computer programs and i attended a few night classes, but its so unbelievably difficult to learn since i never have anyone to practice with! But i do want to be fluent someday. if you come up with any great ideas to learn more effectively, i'd love to hear them. good luck !
- meredith

Julie,
welcome to AD, happy posting away.....can't help you there locally....am in UTAH.

:welcome: Here! :wave: This place is great place to meet with other people from all over the place.

Enjoy your stay in AD and post anything to share with us!

:cheers:

Hi julie My name is Dave I am a hearing preson from Cumberland County N.J. I share your passion for A.S.L. I am not very fluent though sorry. good luck finding some one

welcome to the land where silent reigns all we hear no evil we say no evil well some of us anyway and let y our mind expand by our beautiful hand flapping its like our hands re an brush and we re painting an picture think of us as an silent painters hehe anyhoo welcome!!!

Back