Hi! I've been here awhile, but I can't find any Irish people here! Are there any!??

Hannah louise

Reaction score
Be interesting if there was! Message me though anyone who feels like it! (even if your not irish!)

Be interesting if there was! Message me though anyone who feels like it! (even if your not irish!)
Irish, Italian, German, Norwegian, Cherokee indian, basically a blone blue eye mutt who gets red face when embarrassed and can have the Irish temper and love beer and whiskey.

:wave: hey

Not Irish but I went to Ireland a year ago...LOVED it.. Met some Deaf people there, too. :)

I'm part Irish... also English, Cherokee, Scottish, Welsh, German,...

I want to visit Ireland some day.... that would be so cool.

I am somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 Irish. My grandma was an Irish orphan that came over here on a boat. My grandpa, who she married, was either 1/2 Irish or full Irish, I can't really remember which.

One of my husband's grandparents was Irish, but came to America as a child (I can never remember if it was his grandmother or grandfather). That person's parents were both Irish, of course,

I read somewhere that it really annoys the 'real' Irish when Americans who have Irish ancestry claim to be Irish. Something about 'just because your great great grandparents left this country during the potato famine and never came back, that doesn't make you Irish.'

Can I ask if that is true?

1/4 of real irish, i think and behave like a bloody good ole irishman, my favourite dram is Bushmills 1608 :D
welcome

I am 100% Irish. Parents are from County Cork and Waterford. My daughter just got back from visiting some relatives there. She was thinking about going to Trinity College but has decided against it. We live in the US but have numerous relatives all over Ireland.
ERIN GO BRAUGH and Welcome ro AD

apparently theres more Irish living in NYC than in Ireland itself....

hey :)

im a newbie here - an Indian, works with a software company, been here a while back but i suppose i forgot all my credentials and IM back now! good to know you all:wave:

apparently theres more Irish living in NYC than in Ireland itself....

not really more of mutt. :giggle: In old times, yes. now irish and italian peeps are mixed that their elder generations are not happy! ehehe i dont know why irish and italian had problem back in old times maybe it was in NYC where it started. :shrugs:

I thought of you when I was out on a walk with Marty! I ran into a woman who is Irish, she was not HOH . But she did made me think of you. I would had liked to talk to the woman longer as I loved her accent.

I read somewhere that it really annoys the 'real' Irish when Americans who have Irish ancestry claim to be Irish. Something about 'just because your great great grandparents left this country during the potato famine and never came back, that doesn't make you Irish.'

Can I ask if that is true?

Yes, but this is true of any culture, really. Native Americans complain about the same thing.

Any culture that it's considered "cool" to be a part of, people start claiming they are a part of it based on blood quantum, when 9 times out of 10 they couldn't be any further from whatever they are claiming if they tried.

I do not consider myself culturally Irish. I just simply acknowledge that there is a lot of Irish in my ancestry. And sometimes I do wonder if some of my traits are because of that. Like my "passion" (others say temper) for example, lol.

Back