Hi, I'm new :)

Corinne

Reaction score
Hi, my name's Corinne. I'm 20 yrs old and I'm hearing, but I'm currently taking an ASL 1 course and I'm registered for an ASL 2 course next semester.

Part of the reason why I'm taking this courses is because I love languages. In HS I took Spanish and then Japanese. my grandpa was a Spanish teacher and was learning Hebrew, so I guess I'm kind of following in his footsteps. I hope to be a teacher as well, with something involving ASL. I'll just have to wait and see where I go with that :)

The other reason why I'm taking ASL is because over the last couple years I've had some issues with my ears that I'm worried about. It didn't occur to me until one day I woke up and it was like I was in a box, where I couldn't hear anything outside of my breathing, and I realized maybe it would be a good idea to know a language that didn't require hearing. Anyway, whether I remain hearing for the rest of my life or not, I'm not worried anymore because I am learning languages for both scenarios :)

Sorry for that being so long xP I tend to type a lot. I hope I can find some people to talk to here :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Then you better get to the doctor to have a look in your ears and then go to the audiologist (you can ask the doctor where to get audiologist) for hearing tests and have a proper hearing aid(s) which will help you hear sounds. When you lose your hearing loss, your hearing is not the same as what you hear normally. If you do lose your hearing loss, then you are late deafened. Signing is the way to go as we all want to sign ASL to communicate much easier than trying to lipread and not understanding what the person say. So keep working on your ASL.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Bonvenon!
Willkommen!
ようこそ!
Добро пожаловать!
¡Bienvenido!
ยินดีต้อนรับ!
!ברוך הבא

:welcome:

Back