Hi- I'm new :)

alwaysandalways

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Amanda. I have sort of a long story but to make it short when I was 9 months old I had Meningitis. I was very lucky and only have to wear glasses. I always believe my hearing has been somewhat lost in the right ear (I can tell when I talk on the phone) but I can't afford a good test. (I probably should find out). My loss of hearing sometimes is troublesome in crowds but not enough where I am running out to get a test.

I live in Wisconsin and around 2001-2003 I studied to be an interpreter for the Deaf. Although I never became an interpreter (I don't pick up languages very easily and was very shy) I became an advocate for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. I went to basketball games at Delavan school for the Deaf and was in a coffee club type group where I went with fellow students to have full emersion learning sign.

I never forgot the kind and wonderful Deaf people I met. I LOVED how there was a culture I was seeing for myself.

I would like to continue to learn to sign and meet Deaf people but sadly I am in a small town near Oshkosh, Wisconsin and i don't know if that is possible.

It may seem strange but I always felt a connection to the Deaf world. I don't know why but sometimes I feel like I was supposed to be apart of it. I know that seems silly but I knew in my life I would love to continue my friendship and perhaps work with the Deaf even if it wasn't as an Interpreter.

I understand if I am not really supposed to post here since I am not Deaf and/or hard of hearing but if it is alright I would love to stay

:ty: for listening to me

God Bless

Amanda;)

Back