Hi i'm new

deafgirl123

Reaction score
Hi I'm Kayla and I'm 9 yrs old. I'm deaf and I have a cochlear implant. Having an implant is pretty cool because I can hear my friends, I also like to dance and sing to music. It's also pretty cool at night time I can just take it off and go to sleep so I don't hear ANY sounds.I first got my implant when I was 2 yrs old. I wanted to join ALLdeaf.com because I can learn more about deaf people. Thats all I'm going to say I hope you enjoy!!! Byeeeeeee!:wave:

Welcome Kayla......Not that we don't welcome kids (I've often thought we should have a deaf kids/teens forum) but I thought you had to be at least 13 to post on messageboards?

Hi this is Kaylas mom. Thank you for welcoming her. Yes Kayla is young and I was iffy about letting her on here because of her age but I allowed her to do so under my supervision.

Hello Kayla and welcome aboard.

Um, I think someone or the owner of this site will probably make one for kids/teens forum(s), I hope.

Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

Deafdyke, it will be okay as her mom will supervise her daughter in AllDeaf.

As for deaf kids/teen forum(s) it seems hard to find one as I did try to find one on googling.

Yes Kayla is young and I was iffy about letting her on here because of her age but I allowed her to do so under my supervision.
Oh OK.......I think you're our youngest member here. We have some teens, although I think most of them are older.
Are you familiar with World Around You? It's a webzine for dhh teens. World Around You - Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
I really do think we need a section specificly for dhh kids and teens. I mean mainstreamed kids would LOVE it...I know that in elementary and high school, I would have loved a forum to interact with other dhh kids.
Also, even if most of us are adults, (many of us were mainstreamed etc) many of us have been there and done that, and might be able to help you
There's not a lot of online stuff for dhh kids, but there is a lot of real life stuff for dhh kids....like summer camps where you can meet other dhh kids (and don't worry if you don't know ASL/Sign....you can learn)

Hi, Kayla! (and Kayla's Mom) I'm new too....just joined today. I have 2 nieces who are about your age.

I know what you mean about making it quiet at night - I take my hearing aids out at night, and it's really peaceful. Sometimes if I fall asleep on the couch with them in, I have weird dreams from hearing noises in the house!

by the way, does anyone know of any deaf kids/teen forums??

contact st.joseph institue for the deaf. It is a an implant school for kids and they can set you up with other implant kids. Good luck. Oh, st. Joe is located in st.charles, mo but has more than one campus.

Back