Hi, I'm new....And you are? Lol.

kdenton2990

Reaction score
Hey I'm Kristina and I am hearing but I want to make some deaf friends. I'm learning ASL and love it. It's such a beautiful way to communicate with people and I've used a little bit of it, but nothing drastic. I'd like to find a friend that could skype with me and teach me more.

I'm afraid that I seemed kind of stuck up in my first post. I apologize. I'm not good at all at meeting new people. But I'm not like some of the people I know that sees it as a "cool" thing to be able to say that they have a blind or deaf friend. I'm not like that. I would just like to meet new people and I am currently looking for an ASL class so that I can practice and learn more signs. I apologize again. Hope to hear from somebody.

Ok I've read a few more threads and I should explain. My passion to learn ASL stems from my daughter. She has a speech delay and I was told to try and learn ASL to help her communicate better. It's been a little hard to get her to use the signs but it still helps because she's starting to understand the signs that I do know.

I think you're trying too hard to be friends with someone right off the bat . It might help to spend some time here and give people a chance to get to know you a little better.

Try youtube, there are tons of ASL tutorials there. Also there's lifeprint.com plus many other ASL tutorial sites.

:laugh2: ^^^^^^^^^

Sometimes it just takes people a little to get to new posts. We get a lot of new people who join, and a lot of new people who post once and leave.

:welcome:

Hello Kristina, welcome to the forums. I'm new here too. :) If you want to Skype, feel free to add me. :)

Wirelessly posted

Hi :) there are loads of ASL videos out there.
I'm hearing too and love sign language, I would like to learn more :)

I don't have good social skills either. But I'm working on it. I attended my first deaf activity this past weekend and I was sooo nervous. My ASL wasn't good enough yet and I had a woman translating for me most of the time, but I caught on quickly. It was very interesting and I learned a lot about the community.

I don't have good social skills either. But I'm working on it. I attended my first deaf activity this past weekend and I was sooo nervous. My ASL wasn't good enough yet and I had a woman translating for me most of the time, but I caught on quickly. It was very interesting and I learned a lot about the community.
That's a good start but don't forget to also learn a lot about the people as individuals. :)

oh. I ve just understood this. I think that i would like join job in Amercian but help me. I m from India

Sent from my GT-N7000 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Welcome. I am also new here. My social skills flat out stink! Lol. Hoping to make some new friends here.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using AllDeaf App mobile app

Translating is not for the Deaf but we use the word as interpret better than translate. We use ASL interpreters to help us understand what hearing people say. If you can see what the ASL interpreters are signing and you are getting to understand what the signs are. Then you are on the right road to making the correction on your signs. I go for that when you said "It was very interesting and I learned a lot about the community meaning the "Deaf Community". That is the way you can learn in person better. So you see I am being blunt because we are Deaf ourselves. Hearing people like you don't know what it is like to be d/Deaf or Hard Of Hearing. So that is something you need to know about us as people, not objects.

Back