Hi! I'm New and looking forward to meeting some amazing people :D

Ayy that's right, 4th Friday. :) Thanks for correcting respectyoda. I went once, but I'm shy so... I got too nervous to go back alone again.

There's no buts. I'll help you break out of that shyness. I've helped countless ASL students become less shy and more social.

I'm shy in general so I got more shy since I'm new to signing. I was scared I wouldn't understand or I'd sign something super embarrassing! LOL I totally accept the help, if you're willing. I really want to go to the next coffee chat.

I'm shy in general so I got more shy since I'm new to signing. I was scared I wouldn't understand or I'd sign something super embarrassing! LOL I totally accept the help, if you're willing. I really want to go to the next coffee chat.

That's totally understandable. Don't worry about making mistakes as that is the only way you learn. This is why I like the quote - "Mistakes are our best teachers." I'll be at the next coffee chat which would be next week!

" I'm really fascinated, amazed, inspired, and just envious of how people with"disabilities" like deafness or blindness are so strong and just Idk I'm rambling lol.

I don't mean to offend anyone by how I word things, just think of it as lack of knowledge. Which is why I am here to learn and make some amazing new friends

So any advice and guidance is great encouraged "

Yeah how about thinking before you talk? There is nothing excited to me about being born HOH and missing 8 years of not hearing everything I needed to hear to do good in school. You're really to spend more growing up before you think about trying to help people that do not need any help.

Hey! I'm not from Texas, but I'd love to skype and practice ASL with you sometime. I'm 19 at the university of Illinois. I'm a first year ASL student, despite the fact that I'm HOH. I can't hear out of my right ear at all, and I have severe hearing loss in my left. I will be profoundly deaf in the next few years. I have Ménière's disease.

My family is hearing, and even though I've always been interested in Deaf culture, they see it as a problem to be fixed, so I get what you mean about your mom.

Hey u go to u of I? I have a bunch of friends there. Are you from Illinois?

That's totally understandable. Don't worry about making mistakes as that is the only way you learn. This is why I like the quote - "Mistakes are our best teachers." I'll be at the next coffee chat which would be next week!

That's true. I need to just remember that it's ok to make mistakes. You will? Awesome! I plan to go, too! Could we find a way to meet up there? I might try to get there early so maybe I won't be nervous or less nervous. :)

That's true. I need to just remember that it's ok to make mistakes. You will? Awesome! I plan to go, too! Could we find a way to meet up there? I might try to get there early so maybe I won't be nervous or less nervous. :)

I PMed you about this. I'll make sure you are way less nervous.

Probably talking about her avatar picture.

That's what I suspect, but I don't know of anyone who has that same avatar. She may be jumping to conclusions thinking someone else has that avatar when it could possibly be a picture of the poster.

By the way, you need an avatar!

My avatar is of me and my friend and she doesn't care that she's in the photo...?

Back