Hi! I'm Nathaniel

NathanielH

Reaction score
I live in Alabama. I help take care of my uncle. He was unfortunate enough to get in a care accident and can't walk very well.

He's a great guy. He was born deaf, but that isn't very unfortunate. It might seem unfortunate to some of you, but I'm a hearing person and I think being deaf wouldn't be something horrible. I like silence, people can say really mean things, and deaf people from my experience are always a lot nicer.

All of my uncle's friends are great people.

Here's my facebook if you like adding people, just private message me that you're from AD (alldeaf.com)
https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.hamrick.35

I'm 23 years old and love learning new things.

I learned the entire ASL alphabet and numbers 1-10 while driving down the highway. Uncle showed them to me, I drove with one hand and repeated them back to him, and never forgot them. Now I read the dictionary for fun and show him new and interesting signs that he never uses. lol, like "firefly."

I would love to practice signing with any of you if you're into video chatting. I might ask a lot of questions though, which might get annoying for you. I try to learn at least 30 new things per day and so remembering everything my friends and family say to me can become sluggish towards the end of the day. I changed my brain into a filing cabinet and other people don't understand me or how my brain works, which makes communication difficult with all people -- HH, deaf, or hearing.

Back