hi i'm middle aged man from so cal

stanley

Reaction score
i am a full time student of asl in southern california. i go to school through vocational rehab. i am nearing the end of program, but still struggle with receptive skill. i am off for the summer and want to get more involved with deaf community.

G'day Stanley,
Welcome to AD. There's heaps of fellow Californians on this forum who could help you out. Good luck with ASL. :)
Cheers! :wave:

stanley said:
i am nearing the end of program, but still struggle with receptive skill. i am off for the summer and want to get more involved with deaf community.

Stanley

Welcome to AD. I can understand the part about receptive skills. I'm a recent terp program graduate and may be going back for more classes. You're a full-time student, so there's no job taking time and energy away from your studies. Good for you. Here's a few hints that you may have already heard: 1) Be patient. It takes time. 2) Practice, practice and more practice 3) the more you can get involved with the community, the more your receptive AND expressive skills will improve. Good luck. You CAN do it.

Welcome Stanley

Welcome to AD Stanley!! There is no such thing as middle aged. You're as young as you feel. Young at heart is more like it smile. Enjoy your stay and have fun. Good luck with school when you return, and never give up, just keep trying!!!!
CODAchild.

Hello &
14.gif

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us :thumb:

Back