Hi I'm Jennifer :)

Sparklerainbow

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jennifer! I am currently taking an ASL1 class in college and would love to communicate more with deaf or hard of hearing or even hearing people using Sign Language. I am learning, so I am not the best but I hope one day to become a teacher for deaf children. After all children are my passion in life :) I would love to have Skype "dates" with someone using ASL! Let me know! :) Thanks!

Sure thing Jennifer. I am hearing learning ASL from some of the deaf students at my high school. If you would like to use Skype my user is "ispitfire1994" (without quotation of course). I am able to be on (at the moment, because I hope to get a job soon) between the hours of 2PM and 6PM your time. (I believe that Cali is 3 hours ahead of Ohio. Been there myself once. It's a beautiful place.)
:welcome: to AD!

I can't do that because I afraid I'll be like your strict teacher.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. If you want to become a teacher for the Deaf children and Hard Of Hearing (HOH) children, I hope you can find a Deaf school better than in the mainstream school. There might be few mainstream schools that might allow to have deaf and hard of hearing children learn ASL and get ASL interpreters in the hearing classrooms (Deaf programs). In an oral-only method in the mainstream schools, they have special education programs which is not good as they are not allow for deaf and hard of hearing children to learn ASL and get ASL interpreters. That is AGBell (Alexander Graham Bell who is very strict on getting the deaf and hard of hearing to speak and lipread without no ASL) methods. He may invented the telephone but he was very mean and cruel to deaf people and made us suffered the hardship. So have respect for the deaf people and hard of hearing people, including children too.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back