Hi, I am Japanese deaf, own coffee shop in NC!

mayuna

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Mayuko. I am funny and like joking all the time. I am marrying with Japanese and have 2 kids now.

I am looking for new friend and Japanese deaf friend. I don't have a chance to practice Japanese sign language, so I want to practice again!!!!

Also, I teach how to cook Japanese food in my coffee shop once a month with ASL!!! It is FUN!!

Please call me and want to chat!!!

P.S. How do you sign BIG I LOVE YOU? My son created it!
Please watch this video!!!

big-iloveyou

Last edited:
Awww, your kids are soo cute!

Wow, one of the Alldeaf member lives in North Carolina too! 0.0

:welcome: to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay!

楽しんでる?

Haha. I hope you don't mind that I tried to write Japanese to you. I hardly know any at all, hopefully it is not messed up. I don't really know much at all but it was fun to try.

喜んでお会いできて

I'm pretty sure I did not say something awful haha... I just hope I am not embarrassing myself. My first like is asking if you are enjoying/having fun.

Second line is supposed to say I am happy to meet you (喜 and 会)

I hop you don't mind me practicing on you! Hahaha.

Japan and Korea once was same people.

Anyway, it's awesome you have own shop. Do you service tea with milk, yes?

good Japanese!!!

楽しんでる?

Haha. I hope you don't mind that I tried to write Japanese to you. I hardly know any at all, hopefully it is not messed up. I don't really know much at all but it was fun to try.

喜んでお会いできて

I'm pretty sure I did not say something awful haha... I just hope I am not embarrassing myself. My first like is asking if you are enjoying/having fun.

Second line is supposed to say I am happy to meet you (喜 and 会)

I hop you don't mind me practicing on you! Hahaha.

Hi, jenni-m

You are VERY GOOD with Japanese. how did you learn it? I know KANJI is hard to learn.... I don't write Kanji anymore since I write Email with My computer, so I am getting to forget... haha. Are you American or Chinese?

Hi, jenni-m

You are VERY GOOD with Japanese. how did you learn it? I know KANJI is hard to learn.... I don't write Kanji anymore since I write Email with My computer, so I am getting to forget... haha. Are you American or Chinese?

Hehe thank you!
I am American, write natively in English (but do not speak it)
I have learn some hiragana and katakana from reading magazines, I really don't know much 'actual' Japanese language. For kanji, I look them up and build a phrase. It is hard to write just a Japanese phrase on my own without some reference (it took me some minutes to get the phrases I wrote to you)

Aww never thought about big I love you sign!! Cool!:cool: your kids are so cute! ;)

Hello :):):)

More practice...

もっと願う話し合う

mo tsu to (more?)

願う wish

話し合う talk/discuss

or

もっと願う話し合う

or

もっと期待して話をする

I am not sure which is better writing.

More practice...

もっと願う話し合う

mo tsu to (more?)

願う wish

話し合う talk/discuss

or

もっと願う話し合う

or

もっと期待して話をする

I am not sure which is better writing.

もっと話し合うのを願う   This one is corect :)

You are amost close!! You know lots of Kanji! AWESOME!!
I am learning Korean language since it is very similar with Japanese. But reading is very different.... but it is fun to learn.....

Do you like watching Japanese Anime?

もっと話し合うのを願う   This one is corect :)

You are amost close!! You know lots of Kanji! AWESOME!!
I am learning Korean language since it is very similar with Japanese. But reading is very different.... but it is fun to learn.....

Do you like watching Japanese Anime?

Haha, thank you.
I can see the different way in that.
I still have to look up kanji using a dictionary hehe.

I don't watch shows or tv very often (deaf/low vision)
I have read some 'manga' but am not very 'into' them over other things like some people are.

Here is a handy Kanji dictionary I found
Japanese Kanji Dictionary

Last edited:
Your children are adorable!!! and I love the Big I Love You sign...!!!
Welcome to AD !! :wiggle:

i am big fan of wanna going to japan one day...and really want to learn japanese language and sign of japan and everything abt japan if u dont mind teach me?

Konnichiwa, Hajimemashite mayuna desu

Welcome to alldeaf.com! :cool:

I am going to Japan, this christmas! :D

i am big fan of wanna going to japan one day...and really want to learn japanese language and sign of japan and everything abt japan if u dont mind teach me?

Hi, Garrent,

yes, I am more than happy to teach you Japanese sign.
It is very funny to learn Japanese since it is different culture.
For example, japanese sign languauge for older brother is the same sign with F O c O ( I can't write because it is really bad words) . So my husband sometimes show the sign and American customer in coffee shop was really surpsied and shocked!!!! They thought my husband said F X C X, haha. So I explain them that is not bad words it is Japanese sign language everytime.......

Vp me if you want to learn more Japanese. But I need to practice Japanese sign........ since I don't use it for a long time......

Konnichiwa, Hajimemashite mayuna desu

Welcome to alldeaf.com! :cool:

I am going to Japan, this christmas! :D

WOW WOW!!! I know you are so exciting to go to Japan. The food is very delicious and everything is small including people, ha! I was so shocked everything is so BIIIIIG in USA when I came here for the first time(13 years ago), but now I feel japan is SOOOOO SMAAAALLLLL!!!

I am from Kyoto. Many foreign visit Kyoto to tour old temple where is so beautiful!!!! Where are you going?

WOW WOW!!! I know you are so exciting to go to Japan. The food is very delicious and everything is small including people, ha! I was so shocked everything is so BIIIIIG in USA when I came here for the first time(13 years ago), but now I feel japan is SOOOOO SMAAAALLLLL!!!

I am from Kyoto. Many foreign visit Kyoto to tour old temple where is so beautiful!!!! Where are you going?

Arrving from Sydney, Australia to Narita International Airport and then catch train to Toyko!

Back