Hi i am 28 years old and my hearing got better i am told but i wear hearing aids

Jar27

Reaction score
I am 28 years old.
I had my birthday October 21st.
I had a good birthday and got duplo lego's.
I have moderate hearing loss in both ears.
I have a 65 decibel loss in both ears.
I did notice everything was too loud and it was 20 dbs louder than my hearing is prograammed on my hearing aids. I will soon geat new ear molds and hoping medicaid will pay for a new set of hearing aids . i am wearing right now blue hearing aids and want red hearing aids, i wear behind the ear kind of hearing aids.
At 11 months old i couldn't hear sweeper so that told i was born with a hearing loss.
when i put my finger in the sweeper that told i couldn't hear the sweeper was on.
I don't mind questions and i love to answer them. I know what it like to go through school not understanding what is being said, and it was a challenge, When i got my first hearing aid in 10th grade at 16 1/2 years old almost 17 , i heard new sounds. It helped in speech therapy but i do think i could need more speech therapy now to help me. I was in speech from age 2 or 3-19 years old. I learned today that if you put ear drops in your ear to not put your ear mold back in your ear because the liquid will go in the tube and you have no sound in that ear. I am thankful for this place. I have autism,adhd,cerebral palsy,asthma,deafness,moderate mental retardation, and sensory processing disorder,and other special needs.

comment and thank you.

Attachments

• jennifer2012.jpg
    jennifer2012.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 17
Hello, happy belated birthday, and what do you build with the Duplo Legos?

:welcome:

Happy Birthday!

Did you tell the audiologist that your hearing aids are too loud for you?

I used to play with Legos a lot when I was young. They are fun.

Hello, with all your disadvantages you seem to be doing well. Your story was informative

hello, welcome to Alldeaf!!!
I know you from youtube also too, I'm Carlygirl1305 on there :)

I too had a moderate hearing loss in both ears and I'm now moderate/severe (borderline severe with 2nd Oticon aids) and I think red hearing aids would look great on you *I too had 65 decibel in one ear but I only had 75 db in the other ear back then*

giraffe,and other animals.

Giraffes are awesome!
Penguins are my favorite.

Be sure to talk to your hearing doctor about sounds being too loud. Maybe they can help to turn the volume down or make it so that you can control the volume for yourself (if your hearing aids are able).

Back