Hi, hard of hearing girl!

SmurfyB

Reaction score
Hi, I was born with Sensor neural hearing loss. I got my first hearing aids in 2nd grade. I've never actually joined a forum based on hoh and deafness. My hearing has gotten worse over the past year and it's been hard for me as I already struggle with bad anxiety, so to not hear is even harder sometimes. I just wanted to meet other hoh or deaf people! I've only met two hoh people in my life so it would be nice to meet more and learn more! My favorite things in life are photography and my Shih-Tzu Murphy :)

hi hard of hearing girl;
Many will probably disagree with my comments, and that is their prerogative, but from my point of view not knowing how long you have worn aids etc. I would recommend talking to your audi and see if you qualify for an implant.
I wore aids for over 50 years and hearing finally got so bad that aids did very little for comprehension. At the time I did not know a thing about CI and had not even heard of them. I've had the one on the right side active just about a year now and for me it was just a god send. I am to have my left one activated first of March. I realize we are all different but I think the success far outnumbers the failures and is well worth the risk in my opinion.
We live in a hearing world weather we like it or not and communication is what its all about. Nice to be able to communicate with the majority and not just the minority. I enjoy listening to music again and can now understand most of the words, talk on the phone with over 90% accuracy ( I think its that high as I don't have to ask for very many repeats) so for me I've been one of the lucky ones. Not every one is that fortunate but certain worth looking into.
Good luck and best regards.

Nice to meet everyone!

I believe I can't have the implant because my hearing loss has to do with the cells in my ears. It's bad that I've had hearing loss for so long and I don't know too much about it!

Hi, I have a Shih Tzu, a Poodle and a Pekingese. Welcome here.

Hi! Welcome! Are you still in school? You could go to a summer camp and meet other dhh teens! You could also attend a college with a strong dhh program or even NTID or Gally.
Re: looking into a CI. That might be a good option, but then again its also possible you may just need stronger hearing aids.

I'm actually finally completing one of the hardest tasks in my life which was to graduate highschool! I'll graduate in June! I'm 19 years old. I will have to look into colleges around here! Would be neat to meet other people!

My type of hearing loss has to do with the cells so getting an implant won't help. I think that's what my audiologist told me. Nice to meet everyone!

hi hard of hearing girl;
Many will probably disagree with my comments, and that is their prerogative, but from my point of view not knowing how long you have worn aids etc. I would recommend talking to your audi and see if you qualify for an implant.
I wore aids for over 50 years and hearing finally got so bad that aids did very little for comprehension. At the time I did not know a thing about CI and had not even heard of them. I've had the one on the right side active just about a year now and for me it was just a god send. I am to have my left one activated first of March. I realize we are all different but I think the success far outnumbers the failures and is well worth the risk in my opinion.
We live in a hearing world weather we like it or not and communication is what its all about. Nice to be able to communicate with the majority and not just the minority. I enjoy listening to music again and can now understand most of the words, talk on the phone with over 90% accuracy ( I think its that high as I don't have to ask for very many repeats) so for me I've been one of the lucky ones. Not every one is that fortunate but certain worth looking into.
Good luck and best regards.

Are you late deafened? Is that why you need to hear the sounds more into music and into the hearing world? CI is not for everyone and it is up to the person to make the decision on deciding if he or she want to have CI or not. Beside, it is only surgery. The person can not take it out if he/she decide that the CI is not working. It will be stuck in there for the rest of his/her life if he/she can not afford to take it out and become whole again. Using the tool devices, even stronger hearing aids, will help the Hard of Hearing to hear sounds, but not to listen. Thank you for hearing me out. :lol:

Hi, I was born with Sensor neural hearing loss. I got my first hearing aids in 2nd grade. I've never actually joined a forum based on hoh and deafness. My hearing has gotten worse over the past year and it's been hard for me as I already struggle with bad anxiety, so to not hear is even harder sometimes. I just wanted to meet other hoh or deaf people! I've only met two hoh people in my life so it would be nice to meet more and learn more! My favorite things in life are photography and my Shih-Tzu Murphy :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Well, just have to live with losing your hearing loss. The only way is to go to the audiologist to have a stronger hearing aids and hope that it will work out. Don't try to have CI unless you study your research about it and decide if you want to have it. Also you need to be a candidate for CI. But I think hearing aids are the way to go if you can find some hearing aids that provide strong hearing aids for you to try.

Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Are you late deafened? Is that why you need to hear the sounds more into music and into the hearing world? CI is not for everyone and it is up to the person to make the decision on deciding if he or she want to have CI or not. Beside, it is only surgery. The person can not take it out if he/she decide that the CI is not working. It will be stuck in there for the rest of his/her life if he/she can not afford to take it out and become whole again. Using the tool devices, even stronger hearing aids, will help the Hard of Hearing to hear sounds, but not to listen. Thank you for hearing me out. :lol:

I notice she got her first HA 17 years ago ,I thought babies where now tested to see if they were HOH or deaf.

Back