Hi from St. Louis, MO

shellanders

Reaction score
:wave:My name is Michelle, and I just recently moved from St. Louis from Florida and I am losing my hearing. My daughter is totally deaf and has been so from birth, turns out I have the same thing she has. Good thing I already know sign.

Are there any other d/hoh in this area? Would love to hear from you.

Welcome to AD - there's a couple of Louians here, and I'm a recent ex-Budweiser-cityian myself. I'm on the other side of the state in the other big city. So how do you like it so far?

or58k8.jpg

At least there are a lot of Midwestern people. I am in the state to your north.

I love Missouri so far. It is really beautiful and there is alot to do. Am very dissappointed that there are not any really decent organizations for social interaction for d/hoh here. So we are starting a social club here and hope it takes off.

I love Missouri so far. It is really beautiful and there is alot to do. Am very dissappointed that there are not any really decent organizations for social interaction for d/hoh here. So we are starting a social club here and hope it takes off.
Good luck and welcome to AD enjoy!

I am in Villa Ridge, just 40-50 miles SW of St. Louis. I do know there was a Deaf Meet group in St. Louis, but I never got to a meeting and I can't remember where. I know St. Louis, from what I've heard, has more than where I am at, due to the size of city.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just have to look under Missouri Hearing Society or go to Deaf school to get information on where to find Deaf meet or Deaf social. Wish you good luck. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Am very dissappointed that there are not any really decent organizations for social interaction for d/hoh here.
That's b/c St Louis is VERY oral. They even have a social organization specificly for Oral deaf people.

Hey there and welcome to the site, it seems like new people are registering every minute ;)

:wave:My name is Michelle, and I just recently moved from St. Louis from Florida and I am losing my hearing. My daughter is totally deaf and has been so from birth, turns out I have the same thing she has. Good thing I already know sign.

Are there any other d/hoh in this area? Would love to hear from you.

Hi, I am a hearie, but I visit St. Louis regularly because my boyfriend is from there originally. It's an awesome place and know I will end up there eventually. I'm in Oklahoma now, but i love st louis, especially soulard area and most important, Schlafly's Tap Room if you are a beer drinker. :beer: Welcome to All Deaf

Thanks everyone, it's nice to feel welcome. KristinaB, I am in Villa Ridge, too. Small world huh? Esp. since Villa Ridge is so small. If any of you are interested, would love to have you at Silent Dinner. We aren't excluding anyone, oral or asl, all ages, single, married, doesn't matter. Just want to meet and have fun.:ty:

I am still trying to learn ASL, but I would love to meet others who know it to help with my learning. If you want I can give you my email and maybe we can get together sometime. I am off Hwy M and St. Louis Rock Rd, just 4 miles from I-44. A lot of my time is currently at hospital with mother who's had a bad time of it. A couple of surgeries and problems with recovery.

Let me know.

Kristina

i just notice you are from St Louis, MO.

let me tell you little about St Louis, MO

there is deaf silent dinner and happy hour, too.

yes we have two deaf clubs are gslad for deaf sign language and bell club for oral deafies. I went both clubs and I am sign language, deaf. I been live here for 7 years now.

PM me if need to.

Back