Hi From PA

KatieTala

Reaction score
Hi my names Katie.
I studied some ASL but still need to learn a lot, and I have a bit of trouble hearing/understanding people when they talk if I am not looking at your face. I would love to get to know more people like me who are neither deaf or good at hearing. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope to learn from everyone and get to know there story.

If you have trouble hearing you're HOH.....and there are a LOT of HOH who identify as Deaf. We're not just voice off unaided/unimplanted here.

I am in New York. I am about 25 minutes away from the borderline of Pennsylvania. Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Ok good to know. There are very few HOH where I live. I don't know any. Thank you

You can go to school at any age , people do that all the time.

I know, but if she is a teen she could go to WPSD or MSSD...and of course if she's interested in further education, she could take advantage of Gally or NTID

Hi! I'm currently learning Japanese sign language, and will be in PA in December and January. What institutions or establishments are there where I could learn more about deaf culture?

Back