Hi from Ohio

mer074

Reaction score
Hi from Ohio - my name is Meredith. I found this site and thought it sounded interesting so I joined. I'm learning ASL and have some hearing loss. I don't know what to call myself though - "hearing impaired" sounds kinda insulting, and "hard of hearing" sounds old fashioned. Any ideas? If not I'll just look around the forums! :)

Last edited:
Welcome..

Meredith,

Welcome to the deaf forums...tell me which parts of Ohio are you at? I'm in Cleveland as well and am hard of hearing/deaf. Tell me more about yourself.

Cheers,

-Adam

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf Meredith!!! I hope you will enjoy yourself on this forum, and have fun meeting and chatting with other members. Everyone is very nice on this forum, you will make lots of friends.

Have fun posting, and Happy Labor Day!!!

Merideth, I agree you more because dislike word "Hearing Imparied" sound alike broken sounds or sumth'n... Proprite word "Hard of Hearing" more better strong nice word. By the way, You're the most welcome here....

*wink*~ ;)

Welcome Meredith, pleased to make your acquaintance and share your favourite hobbies and interests with your fellow ADers. I'm a Canadian "settled" in Ohio.

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD and come to share your posts here with us :thumb:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf mer074 aka Meredith! As for specifying what to be 'called', I've always used: 'hard-of-hearing'...don't see anything old-fashioned with that unless you're implying the age of the person being just that--;) Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! :)

cid004401c51ddebbf26f600168fc5.gif
Welcome To AllDeaf..... :) Happy Posting!!!
cid015501c4fea73464528094bb682.gif

Back