Hi from Norcal

Insomniagrl

Reaction score
Hi I'm Jamie, northern California here. Am hard of hearing (born with nerve damage) and have been told I will be deaf by age 30 (24 now)
I'm into pretty much everything I have a very open mind, no real religious, I love the strange and unexplained, video games and artsy fartsy stuff. 420 friendly! learning to sign, been practicing for about 2 months now!

welcome to Alldeaf!
I might be going deaf by the time I'm in my 20s so I am a mystery.

that seems to be a pretty common "by" age I guess... I've seen quite a few people like that... myself being one of them. My audi tells me that my deaf by 30 age means that is when HAs will no longer be of any use to me... and due to my nerve damage CI's wont do me any good (not that I would want to cut open my head for it anyway) welcome to AD

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

that seems to be a pretty common "by" age I guess... I've seen quite a few people like that... myself being one of them. My audi tells me that my deaf by 30 age means that is when HAs will no longer be of any use to me... and due to my nerve damage CI's wont do me any good
Don't bet the family farm on that one just yet...

You didn't catch my last part...
(not that I would want to cut open my head for it anyway)

I still wouldn't want a ci... I don't like wearing my HA's all the time... I am happy being Deaf, I am happy when I use ASL, I hate using my voice, and I hate having to lipread...

You didn't catch my last part...

I still wouldn't want a ci... I don't like wearing my HA's all the time... I am happy being Deaf, I am happy when I use ASL, I hate using my voice, and I hate having to lipread...

All I am saying is you probably won't lose your hearing by 30 because I don't think they can ascertain when it will happen. I'm 45 and I still haven't lost all of my hearing.

I'm glad you are happy with being Deaf. Although, I wouldn't give up on the lip reading because I don't see everyone learning to sign anytime soon.

Back