Hi! From Dartmouth

StoryBoutAGirl

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kirsten. I'm from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. I'm hearing but have slight hearing loss from chronic ear infections. I'm learning ASL and my plan is to take ASL/English interpretation in the fall of 2007 but I found out my hearing is getting worse. I still plan on learning ASL and I'm talking to my audiologist and some interpretors that have hearing loss and trying to refigure my options as I don't really know if I'd still be able to go into the program. If not I'll try and explore some other options that interest me and are along the same lines as that. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself. :)

Hi Kirsten,

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here ;) .....

Hi Kirsten!

I visited Nova Scotia a few years back. It's a beautiful place! Welcome to this forum!

TweetyBird said:
what storyboutagirl stand for??

It's the (shortened) name of a song "A Story About A Girl" By Our Lady Peace. There's no story behind it like most people tend to think ;)

It is a beautiful place. I didn't grow up here. I'm a transplant. From no where in particular. I'm an ex-military brat.

StoryBoutAGirl,

r u the most welcome here and let's breath away!

Some of AD'ers who simlair alike you who have hearing loss...
They would be very happy discussion your point of view...
Very postive feedback!

:wave:

:welcome: to AD, if one newbie can welcome another. i like that song, btw.

galaxyangel, i just now figured out what is going on in your icon. :doh: :giggle:

GalaxyAngel said:
StoryBoutAGirl,

r u the most welcome here and let's breath away!

Some of AD'ers who simlair alike you who have hearing loss...
They would be very happy discussion your point of view...
Very postive feedback!

:wave:
thank you galaxie :) i started a post on it already as i have some questions about my hearing loss. thanks for the welcome

non_sequitur said:

galaxyangel, i just now figured out what is going on in your icon. :doh: :giggle:
i'm sure you can and thanks for welcoming me :) it's one of my favorite songs and bands

StoryBoutAGirl said:
It's the (shortened) name of a song "A Story About A Girl" By Our Lady Peace. There's no story behind it like most people tend to think ;)
aww that sound good... :)

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf StoryBoutAGirl!! I hope you are enjoying being a member on this forum, and meeting the many wonderful members here. Have fun posting, and welcome aboard! :)

non_sequitur said:

*scoff laughing* r u staring my avatar.. er um... Farting fumes explode..
If r u try attempt this.. Look listen.. Don't try it! I recommend you.. LOL

CODAchild said:
:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf StoryBoutAGirl!! I hope you are enjoying being a member on this forum, and meeting the many wonderful members here. Have fun posting, and welcome aboard! :)
Thanks! Everyone has been very helpful and very kind so far. And even given some really good advice.

Back