Hi from California

nancyj

Reaction score
Hi all. :wave: I am a mother of a 9mo baby girl who is hoh and wears hearing aids at this time. She is expected to lose all of her hearing by her early 20's. She is in an early intervention/preschool program. We are all taking ASL. I also have a 16yr old daughter that is hearing. So this is new to all of us.

We want to meet other people in our area to make friends with. We want our daughter to grow up comfortable with both the hearing and non hearing.

We want to be involved in the deaf community and really don't know where to start. We live in San Francisco bay area about 40 min from SF.

Any and all advice would me much appreciated.

Thanks
Nancy

I've been HOH since birth and worn hearing aids since 6 months of age so I'm a longtime hearing aid user!
anyways, welcome 2 AD!

You should get Signing Time for your little one. I know they're for kids, but I had fun learning with them, lol :-X

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I do hope you can stay on and learn about our deaf perspectives, Deaf Culture and why we need ASL more than lipreading. Also I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Club Saturday Autumn Celebration would be a good place to start. DCARA's Family Program has a ton of fun events, activities, and socials. The woman who runs the program, Debbie, is one of the sweetest and smartest women I know. She'd be a great person to talk to. PM me if you want her contact info.

:)

Back