HI, from an Indiana ASL Student

zethrine44

Reaction score
HI, from Indiana! I am a junior in college and i am just starting to learn ASL. i love to read, write and listen to music. i have an older brother and i live with my parents in Indiana.

i wanted to learn because my aunt was an interpreter for the police and she passed away 2yrs ago this April. i thought learning sign (along with a tattoo) was a good way to remember her.

now i have really started to learn sign and i am in love with it!!! sign lets me express my self when i cannot talk.

glad to be here!

:wave: Welcome! :wave:

Out of curiosity, what college do you go to? And where/how are you learning ASL?

I'm a freshman Deaf Ed major at Ball State.

Welcome to the forum!

i go to isu and at the moment i am an english teaching major with a creative writing minor. sadly isu doesn't have any sign language courses :mad:

i go to isu and at the moment i am an english teaching major with a creative writing minor. sadly isu doesn't have any sign language courses :mad:

Whoa... I go to ISU, I'm a junior, Social Work major with a Psychology minor. :shock: I can't believe we're from the same college!!!

Dr. Barratt is trying to get a sign language class, but it will probably not be for another year or two. When it is started, she said it may be a video course... no idea how that would work. it sounds rather sucky.

Anyway... umm... HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII and go sycamores.

Oh, and where are you learning ASL from? Trying to find classes here has been rather... challenging.

Oh, and where are you learning ASL from? Trying to find classes here has been rather... challenging.
there are several classes at ivy tech but im learning by watching youtube videos and using a video dictionary.

aslpro.com is my favorite video sight but i learned a bunch of signs from watching the show switched at birth too.

Hi, I know this is an old thread but thought i would give it a shot. I just moved back to the area with my family. I have a stepson that is deaf (age 5) and me and his mother are looking for ASL class's in the area. I am enrolled to ivy tech but i don't see any asl class's offered here in terre haute. Any help would be amazing. thanks in advance.

Back